I have this built in asthma meter that manifests symptoms when there is some allergen or toxin in the environment around me, especially with air pollution, airborne particles etc. My health has swan dived since I've lived here. Mold sicknesses are generally taboo in the medical community. They tend to either think you are crazy or it can only cause asthma or allergy symptoms. It can be difficult to pin down because there is an extremely wide range of symptoms that can change day to day and hour to hour. I had violent allergic reactions at first, then myriad other symptoms over the course of a month. Near the end I had cognitive and neurological symptoms.. bad confusion, brain fog, even mild hallucinations because mycotoxins attack the brain, especially when your system is overloaded. Then I discovered A LOT of mold, cleaned it up, and in a few days everything cleared up and I felt better than I had in months.
Different molds are more dangerous and they all release many different mycotoxins, so there can be this wide range of symptoms that can change. I would look for unexplainable health issues, cognitive dysfunction, sinus infections, hives (which I didn't have, but many do get from mold)...
I think some people don't have such severe reactions, but the more times one is exposed to toxic mold in life, the more sensitive they become as the immune system ramps up each time. I had a job for many years working with mold on old roofs, so this explains why I had a brutal reaction this time. It is especially hard in people who have certain genetic mutations where their body doesn't clear toxins out well. I'm basically a canary :/
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb