Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Alleviating worldly suffering along the way.

Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Postby Jesse » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 pm

I have been working on a piece of software that aids in mindfulness, It's an open source project so you can inspect and see it's virus free, or compile it safely for yourself (It's written in C#, using Visual Studio 2010), It's essentially a simple reminder, and let's you choose how often it's displayed. I know I spend way too much time online and often get lost in youtube videos and whatever else I happen to be doing, and this is why I made the program, I hope someone else can benefit from it as well. :)

Right now It's still in beta and I imagine there will be many bugs, as I'm just releasing it today, if you find a bug, please report it, either on the website, or here. I will fix them as quickly as possible. :)

Here is a link to the website: http://bawk.org/mindfulvisions/

Here is a link to the source code: https://github.com/jscix/Mindful-Visions

:namaste:
Jesse

Re: Mindful Visions (Free Windows Software)

Postby kirtu » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm

How's about some screen shots?

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

“All beings are Buddhas, but obscured by incidental stains. When those have been removed, there is Buddhahood.”
Hevajra Tantra
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby Jesse » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Here you go kirtu,

The reminder window:
Systray Icon:
Settings Screen:

Btw, There are quite a few bug reports atm.. I'm working on them today and should release a much more stable version tonight, or tomorrow. If anyone has had problems so far, I apologize. :)
Jesse

Postby Jesse » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 am

A new version with many bug fixes is up. Unless some more major bugs appear, I will probably be working on the next version for a while. If anyone has suggestions for features they would like to see, feel free to leave me some ideas. Thanks. :)
Jesse

Return to Engaged Buddhism