Humanity

Alleviating worldly suffering along the way.

Humanity

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 am

The following is a blog post from muni. I found it touching, so I wanted to share it here. It is true that humans do awful things to one another, but sometimes we do such kind things for each other too. As much as possible, I try every day to contribute to the kind and compassionate human activity. I'm not perfect, nowhere near perfect, but I guess we just try to make a little headway every day, moment by moment.

:namaste:

Humanity.

Whether Buddhist, Christian, Jewish, Muslim and each and every religion or phylosophy; we all can be there for each other. In this attitude in our life, we feel vividly our interconnection and the happiness and love to be there for each other.

Someone told me; we should first take care of ourselves. But that is happening all the time and what that brings as result? A little temporary pleasure and lots of disatisfaction, disillusion and pain. It is also easy to take care of our own being and there it stops.

Many due to deluded view are dominating and torturing their human fellows, making lives like hell on earth.

Ven Bagdro who suffered so extremely due to being political prisoner went to talk all over our world. Unimaginable torment he had to undergo.

***His book: A HELL ON EARTH. A brief Biography of a Tibetan Political Prisoner.

By Ven. Bagdro from Ganden Monastery.***
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Re: Humanity

Postby muni » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:29 pm

http://www.tchrd.org/

Lets take our responsability and contact the local government and tell them about the urgently need for human rights in countries like Tibet and China. Tibet is the homeland of Vajrayana while those inside have no any rights as we have!

They have no opportunities to talk about Vajrayana like we. They even get not enough opportunities to go in monasteries and get teaching.

Instead of studying they have to live under stress and many have no access to no any teachings at all.

http://www.tibet.org/Activism/Rights/

Stop torture. HUMAN RIGHTS. :yinyang:
muni

Return to Engaged Buddhism