Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Autism
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 pm 

Reading this thread and considering the suffering that Autism might bring someone, it arose spontaneously from my heart out of compassion for those who struggle with this condition, and I posted it with the hope that it may be of benefit to someone now or in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:28 am 

I was born with asperger's syndrome, which ranks somewhere on there in the autism spectrum. I experienced alot of suffering in my adolescent years due to what I now attribute to rail thinking, or a closed off perception and an inability to "think outside the box". Both cognitively and it could be said spiritually. Somewhere along the way I began to consume marijuana and it has helped me tremendously. That and the buddhism path has made me into a somewhat happy person. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:46 am 

Do share your some of your 'rail thinking' and how this has changed if you feel like it :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:55 pm 

Alright. I guess you could say when I was around the age of 13 I had attached to the complex of materialism, probably grasping (in the wrond direction) for a sense of belonging of happiness. Since I was very young, I think around 6, I had been pumped full of medication, mostly antideppressants and mood stabilizers. When I turned 14, I was a sophomore in highschool, this is when I became so depressed I was constantly sleeping, through no intention of my own, through every class. During this time I was moved into special education and flunked until eventually I couldn't go anymore. During my "dog days" I had several suicide attempts. Until around two years ago when I began to consume cannabis, I think this reupped my seratonin levels, although I was still far from what you could consider happy. Then I found Buddhanet, and read about the eightfold path. that was around sixth months ago. Upon reading the diamond sutra,and looking back, I see a completely different being than I now understand as me now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9