Monasteries in need of donations

Alleviating worldly suffering along the way.

Monasteries in need of donations

Postby Luke » Mon May 17, 2010 1:52 pm

I thought I'd create a thread where people could post links for Buddhist monasteries who are in great need of donations. Those who are in a generous mood, but who haven't heard of these monasteries before might benefit from it.

I'll start with a link for a very unique Jonang Tibetan Buddhist Monastery in India. This monastery is also the home of H.E. Chokyi Nangwa, one of the foremost Kalachakra masters in the world:

Support
The Jonang Takten Phuntsok Choeling Monastery is a very small, modest monastery of only around one hundred monks. The majority of the monks come from Tibet, India and Mongolia. A great many of the monks are from very poor families and as such are unable to pay for their food, shelter or study, contributing instead by sharing in the daily running of the monastery.

The upkeep and maintenance of elderly and dilapidated buildings, the provision of an adequate diet for the monks, and the cost of good medical care, places a daily burden upon the monastery.

Dedicated as it is to meditation, study and spiritual training, the monastery must rely upon the support of kind and charitable donations.

Donations
Thank you for your interest in the Jonang Takten Phuntsok Choeling Monastery. If you would like to provide support for the monastery, a donation of any amount will be greatly appreciated.

Your assistance would help to provide for example; for 1 monk:

Food for one month rs.840 ($18.5 \ €13 \ £11)*
Clothes for one month rs.140 ($3 \ €2 \ £2)*
Health care for one month rs.200 ($4.5 \ €4.5 \ £2.5)*
Books and stationary for one month rs.85 ($2 \ €1 \ £1)*

A donation of rs.15,000 ($333 \ €230 \ £200)* would support one monk for one year at the monastery.

http://www.jonangmonasteryshimla.com/Support.php
Luke

Return to Engaged Buddhism