Earth 911

Discuss the application of the Dharma to situations of social, political, environmental and economic suffering and injustice.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Earth 911

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

This is a really valuable site. It provides you with recycling center for all kinds of products near where you life. You just need to enter your zip code. The site also provides lists of chemicals and products that are hazardous to the environment to dispose of, and if you enter your zip code you can find facilities in your area where you can dispose of them safely. There is lots more to be found at this site too, such as interesting articles, little tips and tricks to help keep things green, and more. Please take a peek!

Earth911.com

I will provide a list of 25 regular household products that are hazardous to dispose of. There is even more than this, but I've chosen 25 the most common products I think people use.

Chlorine Bleach
Deodorizer/Air Freshener
Disinfectant
Nail Polish Remover
Shoe Die
Mercury Thermometer
All Batteries
Toilet, Tub, & Tile Cleaner
Microwave Oven
Aerosol Cans
Ammonia
Drain Opener
Floor Care Products
Furniture Polish
Oven Cleaner
Rodent Poison
Antifreeze
Transmission and Brake Fluid
Motor Oil
Oil Filters
Glue
Fluorescent Lamps and Bulbs
Flea Powder
Lighter Fluid
Consumer Electronics
Heruka

Re: Earth 911

Post by Heruka »

Thank you Drolma, taking care of our environment is key to our health, health is the root of happiness, healthy body, healthy mind, healthy world.

:namaste:

Please keep us more informed in that regard.
thecap

Post by thecap »

Hm... Earth911.com belongs to Global Alerts which names as contact person Trey Granger who has been White House Special Events Coverage Intern at CBS News. :alien: Google is fun. :stirthepot:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

thecap wrote:Hm... Earth911.com belongs to Global Alerts which names as contact person Trey Granger who has been White House Special Events Coverage Intern at CBS News. :alien: Google is fun. :stirthepot:
Right on target, thecap. Trey Granger

:namaste:

Return to “Engaged Buddhism”