Buddha on Curing Hemorrhoids Sutra

Discuss and learn about the traditional scriptures.

Re: Buddha on Curing Hemorrhoids Sutra

Postby Son of Buddha » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:Does the Buddha have any advice on curing flatulence? As a vegetarian that eats lots of beans and pulses (and leafy greens) hemorrhoids are not an issue but... Well, I won't go into any more detail. :emb: :tongue:

Shoot I've been a vegetarian for four years and I still get hemorrhoids :emb:
Son of Buddha

Postby Sherab Dorje » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Son of Buddha wrote:
Sherab Dorje wrote:Does the Buddha have any advice on curing flatulence? As a vegetarian that eats lots of beans and pulses (and leafy greens) hemorrhoids are not an issue but... Well, I won't go into any more detail. :emb: :tongue:

Lots of green salads (cooked and raw) with plenty of olive oil, plenty of water to drink and 30 minutes of walking at a rapid pace every day. That should do it. Oh yeah, avoid processed food and reduce your salt intake.

Oh yeah, and at least 100 repetitions of the mantra too! :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member

Postby Son of Buddha » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:
Son of Buddha wrote:

Lots of green salads (cooked and raw) with plenty of olive oil, plenty of water to drink and 30 minutes of walking at a rapid pace every day. That should do it. Oh yeah, avoid processed food and reduce your salt intake.

Oh yeah, and at least 100 repetitions of the mantra too! :smile:

(1)Lots of green salads (cooked and raw) with plenty of olive oil> Check
(2)plenty of water to drink> does Coca Cola count? :emb:
(3) 30 minutes of walking at a rapid pace every day > I gots kids so were good on that. :twothumbsup:
(4)avoid processed food and reduce your salt intake. > common dude I live in america non-processed foods don't exist here anymore, heck man they process the friken salad here.

:cheers:
Son of Buddha

Postby Jikan » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Son of Buddha wrote:(2)plenty of water to drink> does Coca Cola count? :emb:

(4)avoid processed food and reduce your salt intake. > common dude I live in america non-processed foods don't exist here anymore, heck man they process the friken salad here.

2. sugar's your enemy (in the co-cola and in the processed foods). white flour isn't doing you any favors either.

4. unless you're in a food desert, you can get dried beans and fresh kale & collards &c in the good ol' USandA. enjoy!
Need help getting on retreat? Want to support others in practice? Pay the Dana for Dharma forum a visit...

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Simon E. » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:17 am

Haemorrhoids are not only caused by a low fibre diet.

They are a lot to do with what we might call " pushing habits "... :cry:

Postponing a visit to the lavatory because we have stuff to do..and then pushing hard to get back to stuff quickly.

Fitting our bowel movements into our busy schedule.
Simon E.

Previous

Return to Sūtra Studies