10_Stages_Sutra_Summary as an MP3 audio file

Discuss and learn about the traditional scriptures.

Postby Leo Rivers » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 am

An important part of Chapter 4 of the A study of the Dasūbhūmika-sūtra as read by me so that the sweep and scope of the 10 stage vision of the path could be heard while I walked each day, and absorbed in that way.

I am certainly no Richard Gere, and my pronunciation is, at best, poor but sincere. But hearing this a few times will certainly orient you to both reading the sutra with comprehension and thinking about the Bodhisattva Path with the framework as used by Vasubandhu, who wrote a commentary on it.

This dissertation is excellent and worth ordering. It contains a freshly translated annotated version of chapters 6, 7 and 8, with copious discussion of all of them and their context. Chun, Jang-Kil., A study of the Dasūbhūmika-sūtra : its relation to previous Buddhist traditions and the development of bodhisattva practice, Univ : THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN - MADISON, 1993

The Cleary version of the Dasūbhūmika-sūtra itself is found as chapter 26 in Cleary, Thomas. The Flower Ornament Scripture: A Translation of the Avatamsaka Sutra, Shambhala, 1993, starting on page 695.

32 minutes 57 seconds

one 63.35 MB .mp3 file.

—> http://www.mediafire.com/?7a5ufamwbwa0vqr <—

May this help.

Leo

PS: wiki note:

A commentary on the Daśabhūmika Sūtra, the Dasabhūmikabhāsya, was written by Vasubandhu in Sanskrit and translated into Chinese by Bodhiruci and others during the 6th century CE.
The Madhyamakāvatāra is a commentary on the meaning of Nagarjuna's Mūlamadhyamakakārikā and the Daśabhūmikasūtra-śāstra.[1]
Leo Rivers

Return to Sūtra Studies