Dharma-ending age

Discuss and learn about the traditional Mahayana scriptures, without assuming that any one school ‘owns’ the only correct interpretation.
User avatar
viniketa
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 am
Location: USA

Dharma-ending age

Postby viniketa » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:41 pm

There is the Ultimate Extinction of the Dharma Sutra from Seng You records, appended to the Shurangama Sutra. Other than this, can anyone provide other sutras or commentaries that point to or discuss the Dharma-ending age?

Thank you.

:namaste:
If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment

deepbluehum
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:05 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Dharma-ending age

Postby deepbluehum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:30 am

viniketa wrote:There is the Ultimate Extinction of the Dharma Sutra from Seng You records, appended to the Shurangama Sutra. Other than this, can anyone provide other sutras or commentaries that point to or discuss the Dharma-ending age?

Thank you.

:namaste:


Diamond-Cutter Sutra mentions last 500 years of dharma.

User avatar
viniketa
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 am
Location: USA

Re: Dharma-ending age

Postby viniketa » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 am

deepbluehum wrote:
viniketa wrote:There is the Ultimate Extinction of the Dharma Sutra from Seng You records, appended to the Shurangama Sutra. Other than this, can anyone provide other sutras or commentaries that point to or discuss the Dharma-ending age?

Thank you.

:namaste:


Diamond-Cutter Sutra mentions last 500 years of dharma.


Thank you. :thanks:

:namaste:
If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment

User avatar
Indrajala
Posts: 6287
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Dharma-ending age

Postby Indrajala » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:09 am

viniketa wrote:There is the Ultimate Extinction of the Dharma Sutra from Seng You records, appended to the Shurangama Sutra. Other than this, can anyone provide other sutras or commentaries that point to or discuss the Dharma-ending age?

Thank you.

:namaste:


This is worth reading cover to cover as it details all the various theories and scriptures concerning the Dharma Ending age.

http://books.google.com.tw/books?id=4nH ... navlinks_s
tad etat sarvajñānaṃ karuṇāmūlaṃ bodhicittahetukam upāyaparyavasānam iti |
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog) Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog) Dharma Depository (Site)

User avatar
viniketa
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 am
Location: USA

Re: Dharma-ending age

Postby viniketa » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:48 pm

Huseng wrote:This is worth reading cover to cover as it details all the various theories and scriptures concerning the Dharma Ending age.

http://books.google.com.tw/books?id=4nH ... navlinks_s


Yes, it is! Thank you!

:namaste:
If they can sever like and dislike, along with greed, anger, and delusion, regardless of their difference in nature, they will all accomplish the Buddha Path.. ~ Sutra of Complete Enlightenment


Return to “Sūtra Studies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests