becoming a wandering yogi?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Thrasymachus

Re: becoming a wandering yogi?

Post by Thrasymachus »

@RikudouSennin:
What do you think is worse being homeless or working full time? I have been thinking alot about this lately since I REALLY, REALLY hate my current job, but I feel trapped in it because it is a good paying union job with benefits. You have to become a zombie to perform modern wage slavery work, it is so demeaning, narrowly focused, regulated, regimented and worst of all it offers no connection to real and necessary life processes. Thus you have to do with your body during your shift what your mind rebels against, the mantra of the modern workforce might as well be "BRAAAAAIIIINNNN!"
Kris

Post by Kris »

Thrasymachus wrote:@RikudouSennin:
What do you think is worse being homeless or working full time? I have been thinking alot about this lately since I REALLY, REALLY hate my current job, but I feel trapped in it because it is a good paying union job with benefits. You have to become a zombie to perform modern wage slavery work, it is so demeaning, narrowly focused, regulated, regimented and worst of all it offers no connection to real and necessary life processes. Thus you have to do with your body during your shift what your mind rebels against, the mantra of the modern workforce might as well be "BRAAAAAIIIINNNN!"
being homeless is worse imo :smile:

i would say try to be tolerant like a tree, and perform your duty.

I am practically without family, i dont have children and am on my own.

whats odd is i just got called for an interview, so i won't be leaving anytime soon if i nail the job.

i do like being free from work and such, it gives you more time to get to know what it is you can do on this planet.

the sky is your roof and the ground your bed
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Thrasymachus wrote:@RikudouSennin:
My experience is that until I decided to go to school to be able to do something I both enjoy and is fulfilling and rewarding and a service to my community, I either had to luck into a job that paid decent and that I didn't hate, or I would have had to be creative and proactive and invent a way to make my living independently. I never tried the latter, and I did luck into (and out of) good jobs, but mostly had to work crappy ones. And every time I thought I couldn't stand the crappy job anymore and then ended up losing it, it suddenly didn't seem nearly so crappy anymore. Not knowing how you're gonna get your next meal is not fun. It may seem liberating and exciting to be ungrounded as long as you still have money, but once that runs out, it sucks. That's my experience, at least.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Kris

Post by Kris »

my mind is tamer than before, where as before i had pride of vairagya
didnt get the job
still in atlanta
met some cool people already
even showed some how to do hand mala of Buddha Nam

making a living with my bodhi leaf art and Smiley faces.

going to college in jan 2014...if i live till then
im 24 but who knows when the clock when stop tik'n
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”