Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:21 pm 

In a book I read, a Tibetan buddhist master advice that to go to Sukhavati pureland, practitioners must in this lifetime practise the 3 pure perceptions : (1) see everything as a pureland, (2) hear all sounds as sacred, (3) experience all feelings (physical, mental, and emotional experiences) as buddha wisdom, ultimate peace, joy and omniscience.

How do we actually practise this ? The difficulty I have is that do I have to contrive a thought that everything I see is pure and hold this thought in my mindstream ? Is it like pure devotion, whereby we have to start with contrived devotion and then it will deepen over time into spontaneous uncontrived devotion ?

What is the meaning of seeing everything as a pureland ? Is it to contrive thoughts in my mindstream again that everything I see is illusionary or that everything I see is already perfectly pure, without good or bad ?

And to experience all feelings (even physical pain ) as joy and bliss, how can we train gradually in this ?

Contriving pure perception , how does it lead into effortless meditation, free of any sense of " this is to be done," or "this is how to do it." Any advice ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:33 pm 

weenid2003 wrote:
In a book I read, a Tibetan buddhist master advice that to go to Sukhavati pureland, practitioners must in this lifetime practise the 3 pure perceptions : (1) see everything as a pureland, (2) hear all sounds as sacred, (3) experience all feelings (physical, mental, and emotional experiences) as buddha wisdom, ultimate peace, joy and omniscience.

How do we actually practise this ? The difficulty I have is that do I have to contrive a thought that everything I see is pure and hold this thought in my mindstream ? Is it like pure devotion, whereby we have to start with contrived devotion and then it will deepen over time into spontaneous uncontrived devotion ?

What is the meaning of seeing everything as a pureland ? Is it to contrive thoughts in my mindstream again that everything I see is illusionary or that everything I see is already perfectly pure, without good or bad ?

And to experience all feelings (even physical pain ) as joy and bliss, how can we train gradually in this ?

Contriving pure perception , how does it lead into effortless meditation, free of any sense of " this is to be done," or "this is how to do it." Any advice ?

Pure perception is very connected with an experience of emptiness or the natural state.

/magnus