Mantras for Multiplying Merit

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Devotee

Mantras for Multiplying Merit

Post by Devotee »

(I do not know where to post this... sorry...)

Can anyone please share and explain the mantras Tibetan Buddhists recite to multiply the merits of other activities?

Are these Sutric, or revealed through the masters of Vajrayana?

Thank you!
Josef

Re: Mantras for Multiplying Merit

Post by Josef »

Devotee wrote:(I do not know where to post this... sorry...)

Can anyone please share and explain the mantras Tibetan Buddhists recite to multiply the merits of other activities?

Are these Sutric, or revealed through the masters of Vajrayana?

Thank you!
many of them either come from Mahayana Sutra's or Tantra's.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
ground

Post by ground »

To wholeheartedly give all one's merits and their potential effects to other beings is the best way to multiply them.
Devotee

Post by Devotee »

Well, if that's the case, how come these mantras still exist or are needed? It would be nice to know the roots of many practices done...
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

By reciting this mantra after your prayers, all your wishes will be actualized. Recite this mantra to multiply the benefits by 100,000 times.

Chom-Den-De / De-Zhin Sheg-Pa /Dra Chom-Pa /Yang Dag-Par / Dzog-Päi Sang-Gye / Ngo-Wa Dang Mön-Lam Tham-Che / Rab-Tu Dru-Pä / Gyäl-Po-La / Chag-Tshäl Lo (3x)

Due to the power of the blessing of the eminent Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, the power of infallible dependent arising and the power of my pure special attitude, may all my pure prayers succeed immediately.
From Lama Zopa of FPMT
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

It's not a mantra.
It's a Buddha's name in Tibetan.

Chom-Den-De / De-Zhin Sheg-Pa /Dra Chom-Pa /
=
Bagavan / thatagatha / Arhate

Yang Dag-Par / Dzog-Päi Sang-Gye /
=
Samya Sam Buddha

Ngo-Wa Dang Mön-Lam Tham-Che / Rab-Tu Dru-Pä / Gyäl-Po-La /
=
(something not sure) and all aspirations/ boardly(?) accomplished/ king

Chag-Tshäl Lo
=
I bow

I think it might be from a sutra, not very sure.

there are other multiply merits mantras; a famous one is the utmost essence mantra from 'Dhāranī of the Adorned Place of Bodhi ' or Bodhimandalalaksālamkāra dharani.
Will wrote:
By reciting this mantra after your prayers, all your wishes will be actualized. Recite this mantra to multiply the benefits by 100,000 times.

Chom-Den-De / De-Zhin Sheg-Pa /Dra Chom-Pa /Yang Dag-Par / Dzog-Päi Sang-Gye / Ngo-Wa Dang Mön-Lam Tham-Che / Rab-Tu Dru-Pä / Gyäl-Po-La / Chag-Tshäl Lo (3x)

Due to the power of the blessing of the eminent Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, the power of infallible dependent arising and the power of my pure special attitude, may all my pure prayers succeed immediately.
From Lama Zopa of FPMT

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”