Vajra Hell

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Vajra Hell

Postby Heruka » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:38 am

i can understand why people only wish to desire happy conditions and pleasure states. it must come from a place of denial, away from the unhappy conditions and misery states. that seems quite a normal human condition and desire. so rejecting either idea or real place of a vajra hell is quite normal. we dont have to acknowledge it or give it much contemplation, rebirth is not essential to know or understand, the four noble truths are just statements or musings of a renunciate, and not applicable to modern life.
Heruka

Re: Vajra Hell

Postby muni » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:13 pm

muni wrote:It all starts by mistaken perception and its grasping. It is said that a content-happy being will never harm.
Teaching shows love is the medicine. I am not saying hug-kiss whole day long, but such poor state is already strongly suffering, therefore genuine concern for suffering/help can only be by our own insight.
Maybe a reason to practice in Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana.

:soapbox: two babbling cents.

I must be careful what I write here. If someone is acting in a state of anger or hatred, to remain aware is once own practice. Through insight only, right help can be.

So not through clinging-love.
muni

Previous

Return to Tibetan Buddhism