Anti-Tibetan Buddhism Signs

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Anti-Tibetan Buddhism Signs

Post by DGA »

Malcolm wrote:Some people have this insane idea that you cannot be awakened and sexual.
That's as absurd as the idea that you can't be overweight and awakened simultaneously. Where have I seen that line lately?

http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=20172
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Malcolm wrote: They should go talk to this guy, King Indrabhuti:
Not everyone can or should be King Indrabhuti. Some people even within Tibetan Buddhism are inclined to a more ascetic life. However your comments on the Chinese freaking out are dead on.

Chinese freak out,
Americans are obsessed and freaky,
Europeans are really freaky,
why not rest?

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Some people have this insane idea that you cannot be awakened and sexual.
I hope nobody has interpreted what I've been saying about consort practice to be that. History is full of enlightened beings that have children. (Consort practice does not produce children.) There are Nyingma family lineages that are based on lamas having children. Celibacy is not a precondition for Vajrayana practice.
Last edited by Schrödinger’s Yidam on Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

kirtu wrote:
Not everyone can or should be King Indrabhuti. Some people even within Tibetan Buddhism are inclined to a more ascetic life.
Sure, totally valid choice.

However your comments on the Chinese freaking out are dead on.
:woohoo: :cheers:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

kirtu wrote:
Not everyone can or should be King Indrabhuti. Some people even within Tibetan Buddhism are inclined to a more ascetic life. However your comments on the Chinese freaking out are dead on.

Chinese freak out,
why not rest?

Kirt
Everybody's freaky. Better to own it than to push it away or pretend it isn't there. Someone on this board (can't remember whom) came out as a furry some time ago and got some flak for it. That's nonsense. If cosplay does the job for you, then cosplay the day away with full awareness and a song in your heart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fan ... al_aspects
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Jikan wrote:I don't want to contradict your experience, and I have no idea where you live or where you're from. With that said, I can say with confidence that there are many places in the world where there are people who would be delighted to have mutually-satisfying sexual encounters with women who are not exactly young or fit. I'll leave it at that.
My response? The last time i had sex it was in one of those cultures. I have nothing else to say.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

smcj wrote:... for a guy like me there is a difference.

Ok, so that appears to be a different view than that of great yoga.
smcj wrote:"Samayasattva" means our deliberately imagined visualized image.
Yes, the visualized deity, which according to subtle instruction can arise in any context, including off the cushion. The enlightened state is for everywhere.
smcj wrote:"Jnanasattva" means the actual wisdom deity, which merges with our imagined deity during formal meditation practice.
Yes, the blessings deity, which according to subtle instruction can give blessings, and be dissolved as wakefulness into appearance, in any context, including off the cushion.
smcj wrote:... post meditation, but I'm not clear on what that is.
The center of the pure, sacred world is not just the cushion. The four nails state there is no such limit. All phenomena is mandala, all appearance is deity, all sounds are mantra, all thoughts are dharma kaya. Hence the application of the eight commands using samsara as a catalyst. If this were not so there is no relation with the energy of sight, sound, feeling, etc which is not somehow manufactured in liturgy. If this were not so there would be no real continuum between body, speech, mind.
smcj wrote: ... "Mahayoga"
Great Yoga, the yoga of non-duality.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Malabeads....I am 64, overweight, but have no interest in sex.....but I've been with my bf for the past 25 years, and he has never, ever made me feel fat or undesireable.
Last edited by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:
smcj wrote:... for a guy like me there is a difference.

Ok, so that appears to be a different view than that of great yoga.
Yeah, my practice is pretty basic.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

kirtu wrote:

Chinese freak out,
why not rest?

Kirt
I do not agree with the idea that Chinese freaks out. There are always some chinese who are more open and some that are close to the idea. Chinese Mahayana has a deep root in asian culture so it is not unusual to hear this voice more vocally heard. You have nude beaches, nude gardens in western countries...you also have nude rivers, nude ponds in some part of china. Anyway, chinese are very open about open concept toilet-you may think that it is new to have opne concept urinals in Europe.
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

Chinese freak out more about meat eating; I think that pressure is greater and more effective on Tibetan lamas (and practitioners) than sex.
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

MiphamFan wrote:Chinese freak out more about meat eating; I think that pressure is greater and more effective on Tibetan lamas (and practitioners) than sex.
Not really, of course if you are in the group, you will find alot of vegetarian. But Chinese is most notorious for eating any kind of meat including snakes, dogs, bear palms, bear gastric juice,aligators, squirrels...And I don't think many Tibetan lamas preaching vegetarianism is because of pressure from the chinese.
ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul »

MiphamFan wrote:Chinese freak out more about meat eating; I think that pressure is greater and more effective on Tibetan lamas (and practitioners) than sex.
I think Taiwanese are more into vegetarianism then Chinese..though I am not sure if that has anything to do for tibetan lama to go for vegetarianism
ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul »

I did found even another video by this group interviewed in China...its clear they have too much connection with chinese government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=22&v=yKBQMqmQTLA

is the guy who is wearing Chinese traditional clothes is Ping Xiao, the founder?
tlee

Post by tlee »

ShineeSeoul, please inform us if you notice anything suspicious.
ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul »

tlee wrote:ShineeSeoul, please inform us if you notice anything suspicious.
suspecious for what? please clarify
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

http://www.mxzjnet.org/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=7242

One of their director was awarded the China Socially Responsible Enterprise Award in 2014 December. He is giving a speech in the photo. So it does seem that they have connection in China.
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

From a blog of Xiao Ping Shi 's former students

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_666d63070101cukk.html

I gathered that

1. He criticised humanistic buddhism also
2. His teaching: Tathagatagarbha is the 8th consciousness-alaya consciousness
ShineeSeoul

Post by ShineeSeoul »

WeiHan wrote:http://www.mxzjnet.org/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=7242

One of their director was awarded the China Socially Responsible Enterprise Award in 2014 December. He is giving a speech in the photo. So it does seem that they have connection in China.
They definitly do
WeiHan wrote:From a blog of Xiao Ping Shi 's former students

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_666d63070101cukk.html

I gathered that

1. He criticised humanistic buddhism also
2. His teaching: Tathagatagarbha is the 8th consciousness-alaya consciousness
does the former student criticize him? if yes, what did they said?
WeiHan

Post by WeiHan »

ShineeSeoul wrote:
does the former student criticize him? if yes, what did they said?
In many blogs that claimed to be his former students, they criticised him but I don't want to translate.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”