HHDL editorial

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
BFS

Re: HHDL editorial

Post by BFS »

Hello Muni, yes, I thought so too. :bow: Great teachings, great teachers :heart:
muni

Post by muni »

And the generosity of sharing it, BFS. :namaste:

Joke from Matthieu Ricard: "So now I think I talked enough about myself. Now it is time you say something as well, so what do you think about me?"

Dalai Lama: "Me, me, me: not good for our heart". Bursting laugh included.
BFS

Post by BFS »

:D Thank you, muni.

bursting laughter:

phpBB [video]

Training in happiness:

"When we train our mind to see peoples’ good qualities, there is much more harmony in the community and as individuals, we feel happier.
If we think that we are going to our room, lock everybody out and then meditate to generate bodhicitta, forget it!
It is easy to see peoples’ good qualities when you lock yourself in your room and you don’t
see anyone. But the real thing is to actively notice peoples’ good qualities when you are with them, to train your mind to see their good qualities, and to train your mouth to speak about them."

Ven Thubten Chodron
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Well isn't that interesting. It would never have occurred to me that training in happiness had anything to do with seeing others' good qualities. I would naturally have gone the other way - avoiding finding fault- and would have missed half the path.

As for the video -

Compassion. He's doin it rite. Imagine being one of those people and having that moment frozen in video... how would you NOT cling to it?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
BFS

Post by BFS »

catmoon wrote: Imagine being one of those people and having that moment frozen in video... how would you NOT cling to it?
:D

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”