Finding a teacher...

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Josef

Re: Finding a teacher...

Post by Josef »

Nangwa wrote:
gnegirl wrote:
Yeshe wrote:
<snip>
is there any advice derived from this experience which we can offer the OP?
Make an aspiration! From the heart and sincere for the hope of all parents. I'm a rather little person, but this i know to be true, this works!

I met a few teachers. One teacher was like the sun, outshining everything around, if one got too close, one could burn. The second was like the full moon, shining illumination everywhere, but easy to miss by the light of the noon sun.

I ended up following the one who was like the moon, as it was to him i always went for clarification of everything the first would say, or do.

I know he is one with Guru Rinpoche, and i'm one of his worst students, if i can indeed call myself that.
:good:
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
heart

Post by heart »

Inge wrote:
heart wrote:
The content of the bamboo is the luminous vajrayana, the traveler is the confused mind. Of course other lives are not restricted in any way, it is your confusion that creates the circumstances for your rebirth.

/magnus
Then how is this different from ordinary samsaric experience?
Obviously the luminous vajrayana with its possible outcome of realization in one life but with the risk of instead attaining vajra hell.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

Yeshe wrote:
rainbowtara wrote::focus: Finding a teacher...

:good: :namaste:

Sometimes people assert that when the time is right, you will meet your perfect teacher.

I also read of those who failed to recognise them.

I was very dubious, and thought it highly likely that relying on this assertion, i would probably need a few lifetimes to even get close.

Yet, it happened a few years ago; amazingly, wonderfully, and almost on my doorstep.

I know of one other person who is a member here who has found their perfect Guru.

Has anyone else?

is there any advice derived from this experience which we can offer the OP?
More than 26 years ago I stumbled in to his room asking if he had some rooms to rent. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”