Sigh...

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Sigh...

Postby Pero » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Tempuserus, I'm a little confused by your posts. I am not a monk and samayas are not part of the Vinaya as far as I know If you have no teacher then you don't have to worry about what we're talking about here. You aren't the same as the person I'm talking about since you haven't received Vajrayana teachings but he has. So don't worry about that. Also I think you don't have to worry about breaking some vinaya rules unless you're a monk yourself.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby narraboth » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Pero wrote:
Heh, I couldn't even say anything, it was more like I politely asked a question, he got very angry and blocked communication immediately after that. Because you see from the begining I thought it would be a bad idea o start with samaya breaking haha, so I decided to just politely ask why he's doing it. And much to my surprise that alone already pissed him off. I can't imagine how pissed he'd be if I said he's breaking samaya or something.

mmm, as I said once in e-sangha, some people actually need the help of a psychologist first rather than vajrayana teaching.
narraboth

Postby gnegirl » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:42 pm

narraboth wrote:
mmm, as I said once in e-sangha, some people actually need the help of a psychologist first rather than vajrayana teaching.

Which is still quite true. Our sangha had someone who was a bit disruptive at times, but when she was under treatment, she would be just fine. It was when she went off her meds that oddness would ensue.
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
gnegirl

Postby Luke » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Jikan wrote:It would also be good (in my opinion) to check your own commitments, strengthen your own resolve, practice repentance, and so on.

It would also benefit to practice some and dedicate the merit to your friend.

Yes, and maybe do some practices of the dharma protectors of the lineages you practice. Protecting the teachings is one of their main functions.
Luke

Previous

Return to Tibetan Buddhism