H.E. Ayang Rinpoche - Namchoe Amitabha

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

H.E. Ayang Rinpoche - Namchoe Amitabha

Postby Mr. G » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking for the Namchoe Amitabha practice as taught by H.E. Ayang Rinpoche. It's supposed to be a guided visualization following an audio recording of Ayang Rinpoche. I've been told it does not require an empowerment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was actually hoping to go to a Phowa teaching this year held by Ayang Rinpoche, but unfortunately, there are no events scheduled for 2011.
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Re: H.E. Ayang Rinpoche - Namchoe Amitabha

Postby pemachophel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:37 pm

I've taken H.E. Ayang Rinpoche's phowa course in Bodhgaya and I was absolutely wonderful. However, I believe the sadhana you're referring to (there's both a long and short one) do require initiation and lung. For sure Rinpoche gave both at the course I was at. The sadhana does involve self-visualization as the deity (Chenrezing) for the dag-kye who then is supplicating Amitabha, the dun-kye. Regardless, I highly recommend H.E. Ayang's Rinpoche's phowa course wherever or whenever you get a chance to do it. I know I plan on doing it again, and it was clear that, at the course I attended, there were a number of students who had done the course several/many times. The blessings were amazing.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
pemachophel

Postby conebeckham » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Agree that empowerment is preferred, but I don't think doing the practice prior to getting empowerment is "verboten," in this case.

Here: http://www.kdk.org/book.html
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Mr. G » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 pm

pemachophel wrote:I've taken H.E. Ayang Rinpoche's phowa course in Bodhgaya and I was absolutely wonderful. However, I believe the sadhana you're referring to (there's both a long and short one) do require initiation and lung. For sure Rinpoche gave both at the course I was at. The sadhana does involve self-visualization as the deity (Chenrezing) for the dag-kye who then is supplicating Amitabha, the dun-kye. Regardless, I highly recommend H.E. Ayang's Rinpoche's phowa course wherever or whenever you get a chance to do it. I know I plan on doing it again, and it was clear that, at the course I attended, there were a number of students who had done the course several/many times. The blessings were amazing.

That sounds great pema. I hope to have the opportunity to meet Ayang Rinpoche one day.

I saw on the NY site for Ayang Rinpoche that they do a practice of his that doesn't require empowerment. I will check further.

conebeckham wrote:Agree that empowerment is preferred, but I don't think doing the practice prior to getting empowerment is "verboten," in this case.

Here: http://www.kdk.org/book.html

Hi cone,

Which one is it on that page? I will email them to confirm if empowerment is required.
    How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby conebeckham » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 am

There's an Amitabha Sadhana listed.....and also, I think they have a tape of the practice. It is the short sadhana, I think, but I know it is the Namcho from Namcho Mingyur Dorje.
conebeckham

Postby conebeckham » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:16 am

from www.kdk.org bookstore...

Amitabha Puja CD $12.00
Amitabha - $7.00

The sadhana itself is not listed under those "requiring empowerment,"......
conebeckham

Postby Mr. G » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:33 pm

conebeckham wrote:from http://www.kdk.org bookstore...

Amitabha Puja CD $12.00
Amitabha - $7.00

The sadhana itself is not listed under those "requiring empowerment,"......

Thanks cone!
    How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Return to Tibetan Buddhism