Press Statement On "Buddha Relics" Exhibition

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Blue Garuda

Re: Press Statement On "Buddha Relics" Exhibition

Post by Blue Garuda »

Tsongkhapafan wrote:
Yeshe wrote: I'm sure that discussion of this 'Khadampa' group in the context of its practices also falls into the 'controversial' description, for obvious reasons, so it would be good if we can discuss the exhibition and the associated problem without tripping over ToS.

This is a quote from their website:

We want to help all living beings to be liberated from sufferings. Just like the sun and moon, throughout day and night, sweep away darkness and defilements and brighten up the whole world. Also like a huge tree blocking away our sufferings of body and mind and allowing us to become peaceful and enter nirvana.

I'm not a member of their tradition, but I don't think anyone would have a problem with this. If anyone says that their practice is controversial, it's just politics.

From the point of view of the exhibition, they simply have the freedom to exhibit whatever they want, surely?
In joining Dharma Wheel you agree to abide by the ToS here.

I have been as flexible as I can with this topic. The ToS here are based on the advice of HHDL with respect to organisations which practice Shugden. Your view on HHDL's judgement is not relevant.

Since it seems impossible to persuade some members to refrain, rather than delete or edit posts, I am locking this topic and will discuss with other staff how we may best move forwards.
Left

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”