Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2808
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Luke-

I think you practice in the Karma Kagyu lineage, right?

I would see if you can ask your teacher if you can obtain instructions in the common preliminaries, and perhaps the Refuge/prostrations part.....from anyone your teacher feels qualified to dispense those instructions. You don't need an empowerment for those, and I guarantee you that would keep you busy until you have a chance or opportunity to obtain empowerment.

_________________
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 pm
Posts: 1727
conebeckham wrote:
Luke-

I think you practice in the Karma Kagyu lineage, right?

I would see if you can ask your teacher if you can obtain instructions in the common preliminaries, and perhaps the Refuge/prostrations part.....from anyone your teacher feels qualified to dispense those instructions. You don't need an empowerment for those, and I guarantee you that would keep you busy until you have a chance or opportunity to obtain empowerment.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, Conebeckham, but I am already in the process of resolving the problem.

I'll see a Nyingma lama in a few months and I'll see if I can get permission to begin Ngondro from him.

OM AH HUNG BENZA GURU PEMA SIDDHI HUNG


Last edited by Luke on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2808
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Excellent!

_________________
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1850
Luke wrote:
I'll see a Nyingma lama in a few months and I'll see if I can get permission to begin Ngondro for him.


This could be either a good way or a bad way to look at it, depending on how you're looking at it. Hehe. :smile:

_________________
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 pm
Posts: 1727
Pero wrote:
Luke wrote:
I'll see a Nyingma lama in a few months and I'll see if I can get permission to begin Ngondro for him.


This could be either a good way or a bad way to look at it, depending on how you're looking at it. Hehe. :smile:

I've been quite tired lately, so that was just a typo.

"for" --> "from"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 1850
Luke wrote:
I've been quite tired lately, so that was just a typo.

"for" --> "from"


:smile:

_________________
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group