Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

Postby Dorje Shedrub » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Is anyone aware of a Tibetan divination practice connected with either Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

DS
Dorje Shedrub

Re: Divination system connected to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha

Postby smcj » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:27 am

Dorje Shedrub wrote:Is anyone aware of a Tibetan divination practice connected with either Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?

DS

The only Tibetan divination system I know of is the "mo". You use a mala to do it. I don't think there is a specific deity attached to it.
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN
smcj

Postby Dorje Shedrub » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:13 am

smcj wrote:The only Tibetan divination system I know of is the "mo". You use a mala to do it. I don't think there is a specific deity attached to it.

With mo there are also connected deities, such as manjushri and Palden Lhamo. Then there is the mirror divination of Dorje Yudronma.
Dorje Shedrub

Postby dzoki » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:10 pm

What I have seen, there are mos associates with the deities that you mentioned, as well as Hayagriva, Guru Padmasambhava and Tara, but I have not seen a mo specifically associated with either Simhamukha of Vajrasattva. It is possible though, maybe you should ask some lama who is an expert in this field. Why do you need a mo connected specifically to Vajrasattva or Simhamukha?
dzoki

Return to Tibetan Buddhism