Gelek Rimpoche Sunday Talks

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Gelek Rimpoche Sunday Talks

Postby Dave The Seeker » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:01 pm

I just finished listening to Gelek Rimpoche's , of Jewel Heart, weekly Sunday talk.
And wondering if anyone else here tunes in to the live broadcasts or listens to them later on the replay.

I find that he really puts his subject matter into an easily understandable form.

If anyone has watched or listened and would like to further discuss these talks, please post here.

:namaste:
Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
Dave The Seeker

Re: Gelek Rimpoche Sunday Talks

Postby MalaBeads » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Dave The Seeker wrote:I just finished listening to Gelek Rimpoche's , of Jewel Heart, weekly Sunday talk.
And wondering if anyone else here tunes in to the live broadcasts or listens to them later on the replay.

I find that he really puts his subject matter into an easily understandable form.

If anyone has watched or listened and would like to further discuss these talks, please post here.

Dave

I didn't know he was doing this. Is the a link that one can tune in?
MalaBeads

Postby T. Chokyi » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:01 pm

MalaBeads wrote:
Dave The Seeker wrote:I just finished listening to Gelek Rimpoche's , of Jewel Heart, weekly Sunday talk.

Dave

I didn't know he was doing this. Is the a link that one can tune in?

You can google Jewel Heart, here are the links:

You can listen to 45:07 example here:
http://www.jewelheart.org/digital-dharma/

Webcast subscription:
http://www.jewelheart.org/webcast-subscription/

Hope that helps.
T. Chokyi

Postby Dave The Seeker » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks T. Chokyi, :thanks: I should have added the links :emb:
You do have to subscribe for the talks through paypal, but you can do a $10 a month payment which is really affordable imo.

Once you subscribe you can also listen to all the previous talks. Each is about 1 hour.
Rimpoche puts things into an easy to understand way and to see how best to apply these teachings to our lives as well.
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
Dave The Seeker

Return to Tibetan Buddhism