Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Dream help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 am 

I'm been having odd dreams recently. I wonder if anyone on this board is familiar with dream meanings?

First, about a week ago I recited The Dharani of Ganapati’s Monkey Emanation which allows one to "see in your dreams all that you wish for*. I then had a very vivid dream that I was in a dark place, I couldn't see anything beyond a few yards. I was being chased by three silent shadowy figures. For some reason I was afraid of them. Then I stopped, turned around and looked at them and they looked at me, particularity the one of the left. I couldn't see their eyes but I knew they were looking at me. I was filled with terror and I woke up, it was in the very early morning.

Then last night, I dreamed I was a thangka collector. I had a thangka of Yamantaka, but instead how he usually looks, he had his head tilted to the side like Milarepa, and I explained this to someone as symbolizing that "he is listening to all beings". I also had a very large thangka of Senge Dongma, but she was missing her khatvanga and was naked except for her jewelry.

* http://emptyelephant.wordpress.com/cate ... es/page/2/

Do these mean anything?

Thank you so much!

Post subject: Re: Dream help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:17 am 

Greetings Darroth,

I am of the opinion that since this is a public forum, perhaps there may be a better place to seek clarification for matters personal in nature from more reliable sources like here or your own personal Guru, if you have one... :namaste:

Post subject: Re: Dream help
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:08 am 

perhaps recite shri vajrasattva mantra as much as you can.