Can anyone help Tibetan Buddhists abroad?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Starsea

Can anyone help Tibetan Buddhists abroad?

Post by Starsea »

Hello everyone, :smile: I'm writing from Italy.
I support the Tibetan struggle for independence. Our Buddhist forum in Italy has a lovely Topic called "Free Tibet? Free violence!", in which the Venerable Yeshe sends regular updates on the situation in Tibet.
Since last Autumn, a community member has started to post messages that invite us to abandon the Tibetan cause and insult Tibetans and Tibetan independence supporters. I tried to dialogue with him during last February, but he keeps telling a lot of lies. The last thing he said is that Padmasambhava predicted Tibet's destruction because of Tibetan people's bad karma and breaking of Samaya. I'm searching the web to find information about this, but have found nothing.

http://buddhismoitalia.forumcommunity.n ... 0#lastpost

(I'm the one with the Rangzen avatar. I'm not writing my nickname on the Italian forum here in case he makes a Google search, typing my nickname to see if he can hassle me on some other site. His avatar is Adam touched by a flying pig). As you can see, he's got many friends (or he uses different nicknames) who punctually attack me.This guy is making fun of me, as if I was poor and ignorant idiot.
Could you kindly suggest anything I could write in reply to his post?

With heartfelt thanks,

an Italian supporter of the Tibetan cause.
florin

Re: Can anyone help Tibetan Buddhists abroad?

Post by florin »

Starsea wrote:Hello everyone, :smile: I'm writing from Italy.
But he a user here or was.
Do a search on this forum and you will find him.
I dont know if he is still active though or if he is the same as the one on your italian forum.
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

I think it is probably best to ignore him/her. There are many trolls on the Internet who get a thrill out of being mean, petty and vicious. It is pointless to argue with them because they argue for the sake of arguing. Besides he/she might be an agent provocateur for state propaganda. If that forum plays host to those kinds of contributors, perhaps just stop using it. (I do help Tibetan causes myself, so I'm not suggesting abandoning that. Just that forum, or using the Ignore feature to screen out those posts.)
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
Alfredo

Post by Alfredo »

The Chinese government pays people to post stuff like that. Suffice it to say that they're not very good at PR, and that if their efforts have any effect at all, they are likely to be counterproductive. Just let them rant. As lawyers and politicians say, when your opponent is making a fool of himself, don't stop him!
(no longer participating on this board)
Starsea

Post by Starsea »

alpha wrote: I dont know if he is still active though or if he is the same as the one on your italian forum.
A thousand thanks, alpha! I have the impression that he’s the same person. Thanks a lot for telling me, I’m feeling much better now! :twothumbsup:
Starsea

Post by Starsea »

jeeprs wrote:I think it is probably best to ignore him/her. There are many trolls on the Internet who get a thrill out of being mean, petty and vicious.
Tell me about it! He said to me what I write is ”just delirious chit-chat that doesn’t help a living Tibetan, can you imagine if it can help a dead one?” (In his 18/02/2013 post, “chiacchere deliranti che non aiutano neanche un tibetano morto. Figuriamoci uno vivo.”
“Trashi Delek”
http://buddhismoitalia.forumcommunity.n ... 880&st=255
He wrote “you are a (religious) fanatic of no use to the tibetan cause” (“Sei una fanatica inutile alla causa tibetana” in his 10/0472013 post)
http://buddhismoitalia.forumcommunity.n ... 880&st=315
and said I’m one of many “baby d***heads” (“bimbi minkia”, in his 08/04/2013 post
http://buddhismoitalia.forumcommunity.n ... 880&st=300
Besides, he said I have a “susceptible fragile mind” (“hai una mente suscettibile e fragile” in his 18/02/2013 post
http://buddhismoitalia.forumcommunity.n ... 880&st=255
jeeprs wrote: Besides he/she might be an agent provocateur for state propaganda. If that forum plays host to those kinds of contributors, perhaps just stop using it. (I do help Tibetan causes myself, so I'm not suggesting abandoning that. Just that forum, or using the Ignore feature to screen out those posts.)
This is exactly what I wrote in my 07/04/13 post: “I think someone gets paid by the CCP to discourage the Tibetan struggle for independence abroad and make it be perceived as a lost cause” (“Penso che qualcuno sia pagato dal Partito Comunista Cinese per scoraggiare la lotta per l’indipendenza tibetana, presentandola all’estero come una causa persa”)
I’d love to stop using that forum, believe me, but it’s the only Italian forum in which a Tibetan, the Venerable Yeshe, sends regular updates on the situation in Tibet. (By the way, take alook at his 09/04/2013 post
Isn't he just cool? :thumbsup: I just love his posts.)There is so much censorship in my country, and this is why the Venerable Yeshe posts updates also in English: there are so many things that Italian newspapers or broadcasts don’t tell anything about. I am worried because so many Italians believe whatever they see written on the internet (or watch on TV for that matter): just think of the countless ignorant people who voted for Berlusconi again, after all that we know about him! They just vote for those who promise to give them money, in my country, and this is why I want to make it be known that the agent provocateur we’re talking about is doing something mean and vicious. I've already written to the discussion moderator, but he didn't even reply, and I really don't know how to take this, believe me! :cry:

Anyway, thank you so much, Jeeprs! Thanks to your words, I'm not feeling all alone against him anymore! :namaste:
Starsea

Post by Starsea »

Alfredo wrote:The Chinese government pays people to post stuff like that. Suffice it to say that they're not very good at PR, and that if their efforts have any effect at all, they are likely to be counterproductive. Just let them rant. As lawyers and politicians say, when your opponent is making a fool of himself, don't stop him!
Thank you so much, Alfredo! Parole sante! :twothumbsup: (How do you translate that into English? Words of Wisdom?)
Thanks a lot! :anjali:
Starsea

Post by Starsea »

By the way, do I have your permission to show this URL to the Italian Buddhist community so they can see our agent provocateur is hassling people in other languages too?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Dear Starsea,

I think that you should just stop concerning yourself with this person and what they are writing. By giving them your time and attention you are merely weakening your energy and strengthening theirs.

Stop now and channel your time and attention towards something constructive (like practice).

I am going to lock this thread now as I believe it is not constructive in any way whatsoever and I do not feel that it will be of any benefit to you and your "adversary" (and all the members of Dharma Wheel) if you were to bring your conflict from buddhismoitalia to Dharma Wheel.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”