Investigating fake lamas

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
lowlydog

Re: Who can be an "Honarary Rinpoche"

Post by lowlydog »

Harold wrote:What I fear are that people can claim that they are "RINPOCHE'S" simply by saying they have students.

The title of RINPOCHE will have no value because anyone with a few students can now use this title.

People with no background in Tibetan Buddhism will be easily conned by these RINPOCHES or should I say WOLVES IN LAMAS ROBES.

This is happening as we speak.

The Tibetans I feel need to put limits on who and when someone can use this title.
Practice the tecqnique as taught by Siddarth Gotama purify the mind and become your own island, then you will not worry about the wolves. :smile:
Harold

Post by Harold »

I worry about the two legged wolves in Lama's robes knocking on some unsuspecting new practitioner door.

So many new students are tricked by these wolves and the price they will pay will be very high.

Should we not care about these future victims or is just doing nothing RIGHT ACTION.

Just a question to the readers.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Harold wrote:I worry about the two legged wolves in Lama's robes knocking on some unsuspecting new practitioner door.
Does this happen a lot?
So many new students are tricked by these wolves and the price they will pay will be very high.
Which wolves are you speaking of? How many sheeple have they eaten?
Should we not care about these future victims or is just doing nothing RIGHT ACTION.
Of course the vulnerable should be protected. I don't think anyone with a sound mind would say otherwise.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Harold wrote:What I fear are that people can claim that they are "RINPOCHE'S" simply by saying they have students.

The title of RINPOCHE will have no value because anyone with a few students can now use this title.

People with no background in Tibetan Buddhism will be easily conned by these RINPOCHES or should I say WOLVES IN LAMAS ROBES.

This is happening as we speak.

The Tibetans I feel need to put limits on who and when someone can use this title.
How about westerners need to start taking to heart what the Dharma texts say about how to choose a teacher--or even just using their frigging brains--instead of investing so much in titles, robes, claims of who teachers are supposedly reincarnations of, and pomp and circumstance surrounding certain individuals.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Harold wrote:I worry about the two legged wolves in Lama's robes knocking on some unsuspecting new practitioner door.

Just a question to the readers.
OK, maybe I've spoken unnecessarily harsh to you recently. So I apologize for that. And of course we should do something if we stumble across an abusive or otherwise harmful situation. But is that what you're doing--simply blowing the whistle because you've happened to witness something--or are you out searching for it? It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to assume it's the latter when you pop in from time to time to ask questions about yet another lama no one has ever heard of. So I find it hard to believe you just have bad luck and keep running into phony lamas over and over.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Harold

Post by Harold »

I actively look for these frauds, con artists and cult leaders.

I have people around the world who supply me with tips.

I also have ex members and even wives, husbands and parents who seek me out. I try to help them with loved ones who have joined up with these WOLVES IN LAMA'S ROBES.

Their stories are truly heart wrenching tales of ruined lives. Stories of decades with these frauds and how they lost their wives or husbands and even children to them. Ex members who have awoken from the lies that they believed in from these con artists. How they cry about their ruined lives and lost family relationships. How many of them have now totally given up on Buddhism because of these frauds.

Stories of parents who's sons and daughters now belong to a cult and some of them are christian cults and some of them are like the FRAUDS I write about on my website, BUDDHIST CULTS.

That's why I do what I do and it is in a way a dharma or should I say more like a dharmapala pratice I do.

Thanks for asking.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

I am also interested in fake teachers and raising their profile as fakes, if they really are abusing their students. One also has to remember that it is common for mentally ill and insecure people to project their anxieties, disillusion and rage onto teachers who are not the actual problem in that student/teacher dynamic.
Last edited by Grigoris on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic statement removed
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Kunga wrote:Out of interest, what is your website? I am also interested in fake teachers and raising their profile as fakes, if they really are abusing their students. One also has to remember that it is common for mentally ill and insecure people to project their anxieties, disillusion and rage onto teachers who are not the actual problem in that student/teacher dynamic.
He seems to be more interested in people breaking trivial laws or irritating him in some way, rather than people who are really abusing their students.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Investigating fake lamas

Post by Grigoris »

Topic has been edited clean of ad homs, irrelevant statements and references to websites.

Keep the conversation civil and on topic.

No personal attacks please.

Thanks
:namaste:
Greg
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
greentara

Post by greentara »

Harold, I don't know that much about you but you seem to have your ear to the ground ....good for you. There are too many wolves out there looking for 'sheeples'
Too many fast talking, stage managed gurus and lamas about, preying on the vulnerable and fleecing them of peace of mind and cash!
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Hey Harold, here's one to sink your teeth into: http://www.humuh.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

This just in. Harold, a former Canadian police officer working in a fringe division who no one has taken seriously in a long time. Stop. Now tirelessly volunteering his ample free time to discrediting Tibetan Buddhist lineage heads for enthroning "fake" tulkus. Stop. No response after barraging HE Thrangu Rinpoche and HH Chetsang Rinpoche with emails. Stop. The chagrined former cult cop is left with with more questions than answers. Stop.
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Depending on who you ask everybody's a fake.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Genuine cat lama

Absolutely the real McCoy.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
wisdom

Post by wisdom »

catmoon wrote:Genuine cat lama

Absolutely the real McCoy.
A redditors guru...
Punya

Post by Punya »

Harold wrote:I actively look for these frauds, con artists and cult leaders.

I have people around the world who supply me with tips.

I also have ex members and even wives, husbands and parents who seek me out. I try to help them with loved ones who have joined up with these WOLVES IN LAMA'S ROBES.

Their stories are truly heart wrenching tales of ruined lives. Stories of decades with these frauds and how they lost their wives or husbands and even children to them. Ex members who have awoken from the lies that they believed in from these con artists. How they cry about their ruined lives and lost family relationships. How many of them have now totally given up on Buddhism because of these frauds.

Stories of parents who's sons and daughters now belong to a cult and some of them are christian cults and some of them are like the FRAUDS I write about on my website, BUDDHIST CULTS.

That's why I do what I do and it is in a way a dharma or should I say more like a dharmapala pratice I do.

Thanks for asking.
No problem with this Harold but with one proviso. Pursuing a cause or righting a wrong is admirable (although as Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche says we are all far too fond of "fixing") but it does depend on how pure our motivation is (admittedly often hard to tell) and whether our pursuit of a cause becomes an obsession. I work in government and we see this all too often, people start out with indignation, but can't let it go and this causes them and others a lot of stress. For some poor souls it becomes permanently damaging to their mental states.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
muni

Post by muni »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yXhlaedjm8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
plwk

Post by plwk »

SO CUTE!!! I want ONE! :rolling:
Harold

Post by Harold »

Is it better to just spend our times just on helping ourselves?

Is it RIGHT SPEECH AND RIGHT ACTION to just sit their and let a WOLVE IN LAMA'S CLOTHES prey upon unsuspecting new students to Buddhism?

I believe in COMPASSION IN ACTION AND NOT JUST THE WORDS COMPASSION.

Remember that Buddha was just going to leave us all behind and had to be reminded by Brahma and Indra to stay a help us in our journey.

Buddha stayed and gave us his heart teachings.

The needs of the many were greater then the needs of the one.

It is important to help people find the RIGHT PATH and not the WRONG PATH in their journey for ENLIGHTENMENT.
:anjali:
muni

Post by muni »

The buddhas teachings learn us to come to know our own mind. Then help is by right perception.

My help, by grasping habits is not so useful, like a Mars fellow coming on Earth and in accordance with own ideas /Mars-habits, judges all what appears.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”