I need Zhitro instructions soon please!

I need Zhitro instructions soon please!

Postby GARBA NAGPO » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:07 am

Beloved: A cat died because they did not help when a dog attacked: try to save her but she died at 4 days: I feel a lot of guilt and remorse: it is possible to make a ritual zhitro for her? I am a disciple of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and I have your transmission, but I have no instructions zhitro. The cat died on November 28 at 7 pm about: help please! Thank you very much: Vito
GARBA NAGPO

Re: I need Zhitro instructions soon please!

Postby Yudron » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:37 am

GARBA NAGPO wrote:Beloved: A cat died because they did not help when a dog attacked: try to save her but she died at 4 days: I feel a lot of guilt and remorse: it is possible to make a ritual zhitro for her? I am a disciple of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and I have your transmission, but I have no instructions zhitro. The cat died on November 28 at 7 pm about: help please! Thank you very much: Vito

This is not Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche's website. Go to the Dzogchen Community's website to contact his administrators.
My young adult novel, Excavating Pema Ozer, will be out in late October, 2015.
www.YudronWangmo.com
Yudron

Postby tomamundsen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:25 am

Yudron wrote:
GARBA NAGPO wrote:Beloved: A cat died because they did not help when a dog attacked: try to save her but she died at 4 days: I feel a lot of guilt and remorse: it is possible to make a ritual zhitro for her? I am a disciple of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and I have your transmission, but I have no instructions zhitro. The cat died on November 28 at 7 pm about: help please! Thank you very much: Vito

This is not Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche's website. Go to the Dzogchen Community's website to contact his administrators.

He/She might have better luck at vajracakra.com. Most of the DC members from here have moved over there.

Otherwise, here is a CD of the practice and description by ChNNR.
tomamundsen

Postby Tssrt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 am

If you dont know how to do Shitro Puja, do what you know how to do. Everything connected with Dharma that is done with a compassionate attitude will have benefit. The Vajrasattva 100 syllable Mantra contains also all 100 peaceful and wrathful deities. Also Om mani padme hum will do great.
Tssrt

Postby Sheila » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:20 pm

There are several resources I use:

1. The CD Bardo Prayers: http://www.amazon.com/Bardo-Prayers-Tib ... B0028ER83I

Many teachers have said that playing audio, as a form of prayer, is valid - even if you don't know the prayers yourself.

2. The Tibetan Book of the Dead (Hopkins): This has amazing explanations about zhitro and everything associated with it; you can read aloud from this book, directing your reading to the one who has passed away. The bardo prayers on the CD are also in this book.

3. Here's a commentary on zhitro: http://www.abuddhistlibrary.com/Buddhis ... 20KPSR.pdf

4. If you just want to start right away with prayers, if you're feeling compelled to act immediately (as I would be), I don't know what others here would suggest but I would suggest starting with reading aloud the four bardo prayers here: http://neozen888.files.wordpress.com/20 ... rayers.pdf
Sheila

Return to Tibetan Buddhism