Regarding Chinese spies

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
plwk

Re: Regarding Chinese spies

Post by plwk »

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

His Holiness has reputedly said many things about his next incarnation, including 'perhaps I should come back as a female," etc.
His most repeated statement, though, is that he will NOT come back in PRC control.

In any case, the Tibetan Dharma traditions are now spreading throughout the world, and I don't think the Tibetan Dharma traditions will disappear when His Holiness leaves us. Whether or not he (or she) comes back. Who knows what will happen to China and Tibet, though? One thing is certain, things will change...and change again.....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
JohnRammy

Post by JohnRammy »

Red Faced Buddha wrote:I don't need an oracle to tell me that.China will "find" the "new" Dalai Lama just like they did the Panchen Lama.No doubt he'll be a puppet for China.Then,the monks will try to find the new Dalai Lama but China will most likely try to stop this.What really worries me though,is what if China actually picks the real Dalai Lama(knowingly or unknowingly)and manages to brainwash him.I think the Dalai Lama should try to reincarnate somewhere else or try to achieve enlightenment in this lifetime.At least then the Chinese won't be able to sink their fingers into his next incarnation.

This is why HHDL needs to pick the next Dalai Lama while still alive, and stop the whole tulku rebirth thing.
Everything lacks the identity (atman) imputed by mere conceptual labels.
Red Faced Buddha

Post by Red Faced Buddha »

I heard a joke where the Dalai Lama might get just sick of it all and come back as an eagle. :tongue: Wish I had the ability to choose my next reincarnation,I'd make a great Asura :tantrum: .
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
Red Faced Buddha

plwk wrote:Image
Kind of topic but that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable.I'm setting that as my desktop image.
A person once asked me why I would want to stop rebirth. "It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want to be reborn."
I replied. "Wanting to be reborn is like wanting to stay in a jail cell, when you have the chance to go free and experience the whole wide world. Does a convict, on being freed from his shabby, constricting, little cell, suddenly say "I really want to go back to jail and be put in a cell. It sounds pretty cool. Being able to come back. Who wouldn't want that?"
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Red-faced,

It's said in Tibetan, "If you want to know what you were in your last life, look at your current body. If you want to know what you will be in your next life, look at your mind." So you just may get your wish.

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Red Faced Buddha

pemachophel wrote:Red-faced,

It's said in Tibetan, "If you want to know what you were in your last life, look at your current body. If you want to know what you will be in your next life, look at your mind." So you just may get your wish.

:namaste:
Nah,the worst rebirth I'd probably get,resulting from karma in this lifetime would be a preta,and that's only if you count stealing from the cookie jar at night as a kid as having such serious bad karma. :tongue:

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”