Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche out of retreat?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Sherlock

Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche out of retreat?

Post by Sherlock »

I just saw an upcoming event with him in Singapore in November. I thought he was wandering around the forests?
heart

Re: Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche out of retreat?

Post by heart »

Sherlock wrote:I just saw an upcoming event with him in Singapore in November. I thought he was wandering around the forests?
He is. I don't know why they are tagged like that but it didn't happen at that time for sure.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
honestdboy

Post by honestdboy »

I hope he took a toothbrush and lots of toothpaste with him. Great Teacher! :twothumbsup:
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

heart wrote:
Sherlock wrote:I just saw an upcoming event with him in Singapore in November. I thought he was wandering around the forests?
He is. I don't know why they are tagged like that but it didn't happen at that time for sure.

/magnus
It has not happened yet. It is going to take place in November.
heart

Post by heart »

Sherlock wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
It has not happened yet. It is going to take place in November.
Ok, something else then. Link?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

It is a bit difficult for me to post links right now as I am usinn my phone but google tergar asia. It is in Chinese but I think thee is an English translation of the details for that event. Or you can like Singapore Tibetan Buddhism events on Fqcebook, someonn linked it over there.
heart

Post by heart »

Sherlock wrote:It is a bit difficult for me to post links right now as I am usinn my phone but google tergar asia. It is in Chinese but I think thee is an English translation of the details for that event. Or you can like Singapore Tibetan Buddhism events on Fqcebook, someonn linked it over there.
Ok, I found it, must be a recording or something, there is nothing on the tergar international website.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

honestdboy wrote:I hope he took a toothbrush and lots of toothpaste with him. Great Teacher! :twothumbsup:
AFAIK no, he didn't even take the toothbrush. This is one of those stories worth knowing as it's quite uncommon these days. High hopes for this one, I have. :lol:
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Dechen Norbu wrote:
honestdboy wrote:I hope he took a toothbrush and lots of toothpaste with him. Great Teacher! :twothumbsup:
AFAIK no, he didn't even take the toothbrush. This is one of those stories worth knowing as it's quite uncommon these days. High hopes for this one, I have. :lol:

He didn't even take his spectacles!, which he wore everyday.

He was an amazing teacher before this, going into mountain retreat has filled me with even more faith in him.

A! Lama Chenno!
s.
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

It was a pretty cool move. He had it all, left it all and now risks gaining the only thing that matters. ;)
May all be auspicious on his path.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Dechen Norbu wrote:It was a pretty cool move. He had it all, left it all and now risks gaining the only thing that matters. ;)
May all be auspicious on his path.
Nicely put DN,

You know he has visited Portugal many times. he teaches at the Nyingma centre of Kangyur Rinpoche (who he is considered a Tulku of)
s.
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Yes, as does his brother. From what I know, they are very good teachers. There's also a Kangyur Rinpoche Foundation here (the pt branch). (http://www.krfportugal.org/pt/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
I hope YMR teaches again one day. If not, this decision of his is a lifetime teaching on its own.

PS- in Portugal the Dharma scene is ridiculously small, so I'm pretty much aware of all that happens in this corner of the world when it comes to Buddhist activities.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”