dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
narraboth
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:18 pm

dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby narraboth » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 am

anyone going? I am wondering how can i find accomodation for this event if i am not going to join the whole course? anyone has information?

User avatar
heart
Posts: 3532
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby heart » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 am

narraboth wrote:anyone going? I am wondering how can i find accomodation for this event if i am not going to join the whole course? anyone has information?


I wish, I would really like to get those Dzogchen empowerment's of Semde, Longde and Mngakde from him also :smile:
http://www.siddharthasintent.org/2012/0 ... k-dzo.html
http://gdamsngagmdzod.tsadra.org/index.php/Main_Page

/magnus
We are all here to help each other go through this, whatever it is.
~Kurt Vonnegut

"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa

"Even though you have recognized your essence, if you do not get accustomed to it,
You will be carried away by the enemy of thoughts, like a small child in a battle field.
So long as you are not free from the limitations of accepting and rejecting,
That long will you not recognize the view of the innermost secret heart-essence."

-Longchenpa

roman
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:25 am

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby roman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:07 am

I am planning on going. I haven't thought about places to stay right now. From what I know, which isn't much, there is plenty of places up there.
The question I have is....from what it says on siddharthasintent,
Although the Nyingma teachings comes first in the volumes, when Jamgon Kongtrul and Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro passed on these teachings they started with the Kadampa teachings since these lay the foundation of Bodhicitta and gave the Dzogchen teachings of the Nyingmapa as the last part. Khyentse Rinpoche will follow this tradition.
So, when do you think he will begin the dzogchen/Nyingma section. I won't be able to make it up there until the 2nd of 3rd of January.

roman

User avatar
Virgo
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Globe

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby Virgo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:23 am

These teachings are in Tibet?

Kevin

roman
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:25 am

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby roman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 am

india

User avatar
heart
Posts: 3532
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby heart » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:38 am

roman wrote:I am planning on going. I haven't thought about places to stay right now. From what I know, which isn't much, there is plenty of places up there.
The question I have is....from what it says on siddharthasintent,
Although the Nyingma teachings comes first in the volumes, when Jamgon Kongtrul and Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro passed on these teachings they started with the Kadampa teachings since these lay the foundation of Bodhicitta and gave the Dzogchen teachings of the Nyingmapa as the last part. Khyentse Rinpoche will follow this tradition.
So, when do you think he will begin the dzogchen/Nyingma section. I won't be able to make it up there until the 2nd of 3rd of January.

roman


The Nyingma stuff is in the first two volumes. But when Thrangu Rinpoche gave it he started with the Kadampa stuff and then moved immediately in to the Kagyu, in particular Karma Katsang, so the Nyingma was almost at the end. So it is difficult to say but if he follows the original order it is in the beginning.

/magnus
We are all here to help each other go through this, whatever it is.
~Kurt Vonnegut

"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa

"Even though you have recognized your essence, if you do not get accustomed to it,
You will be carried away by the enemy of thoughts, like a small child in a battle field.
So long as you are not free from the limitations of accepting and rejecting,
That long will you not recognize the view of the innermost secret heart-essence."

-Longchenpa

Yudron
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 pm
Location: Sunny California
Contact:

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby Yudron » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:15 am

heart wrote:
roman wrote:I am planning on going. I haven't thought about places to stay right now. From what I know, which isn't much, there is plenty of places up there.
The question I have is....from what it says on siddharthasintent,
Although the Nyingma teachings comes first in the volumes, when Jamgon Kongtrul and Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro passed on these teachings they started with the Kadampa teachings since these lay the foundation of Bodhicitta and gave the Dzogchen teachings of the Nyingmapa as the last part. Khyentse Rinpoche will follow this tradition.
So, when do you think he will begin the dzogchen/Nyingma section. I won't be able to make it up there until the 2nd of 3rd of January.

roman


The Nyingma stuff is in the first two volumes. But when Thrangu Rinpoche gave it he started with the Kadampa stuff and then moved immediately in to the Kagyu, in particular Karma Katsang, so the Nyingma was almost at the end. So it is difficult to say but if he follows the original order it is in the beginning.

/magnus


The Siddhartha's Intent page says he will do the Nyingma at the end. Tempting, especially because with three months advanced notice the special permit to enter the region can be gotten on-line.
Author of Buddhist young adult fiction. http://www.YudronWangmo.com Vlogger at Wisdom and Compassion: Grandma Yudron's Totally Chill Vlog on Meditation and Tibetan Wisdom https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRsrq0-64YSgUjk39DmN_Ag

narraboth
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby narraboth » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:48 pm

I don't mind which lineage i will be receiving when I am there. I don't have much choice on holidays, plus any part of dam ngak dzo would be helpful for me. I think I am more a Rime person now lol.

could anyone kindly offer me contact way of accomodation or hotel, or maybe we can pay and stay in dzongsar??
I hope it won't be a too bad room though because it's not fun to stay in northern India in Dec-Jan without heating. There will be snow.

For PAP, i think it's a bit too late to apply on line, I will just apply in person when I arrive dharmsala, which we need to go first anyway.

roman
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:25 am

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby roman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Yes, you can get the permit in one day dharmasala.

This might help. I just emailed one hotel up there so we'll see what they say.

http://www.indiamike.com/india/himachal ... r-t130596/

I would think that the last 27 days of the dam ngak dzo would have at least the nyingma section.
I hope this helps.

User avatar
heart
Posts: 3532
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby heart » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:18 pm

roman wrote:I would think that the last 27 days of the dam ngak dzo would have at least the nyingma section.
I hope this helps.


Thrangu Rinpoche did it in two days. :smile: Semde took one day and Longde and Mengakde took one day, a long day.

/magnus
We are all here to help each other go through this, whatever it is.
~Kurt Vonnegut

"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa

"Even though you have recognized your essence, if you do not get accustomed to it,
You will be carried away by the enemy of thoughts, like a small child in a battle field.
So long as you are not free from the limitations of accepting and rejecting,
That long will you not recognize the view of the innermost secret heart-essence."

-Longchenpa

narraboth
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Postby narraboth » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:51 am

thanks for the information.
I think the best way is to stay in Monastery's accomodation, however they didn't reply my email. I have heard that people in Taiwan already arranged accomodation in monastery, through calling them directly .... :(


Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Lhasa, Ngwang tenzin and 66 guests