Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 am 

anyone going? I am wondering how can i find accomodation for this event if i am not going to join the whole course? anyone has information?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 am 

narraboth wrote:
anyone going? I am wondering how can i find accomodation for this event if i am not going to join the whole course? anyone has information?

I wish, I would really like to get those Dzogchen empowerment's of Semde, Longde and Mngakde from him also :smile:
http://www.siddharthasintent.org/2012/0 ... k-dzo.html
http://gdamsngagmdzod.tsadra.org/index.php/Main_Page

/magnus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:07 am 

I am planning on going. I haven't thought about places to stay right now. From what I know, which isn't much, there is plenty of places up there.
The question I have is....from what it says on siddharthasintent,
Although the Nyingma teachings comes first in the volumes, when Jamgon Kongtrul and Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro passed on these teachings they started with the Kadampa teachings since these lay the foundation of Bodhicitta and gave the Dzogchen teachings of the Nyingmapa as the last part. Khyentse Rinpoche will follow this tradition.
So, when do you think he will begin the dzogchen/Nyingma section. I won't be able to make it up there until the 2nd of 3rd of January.

roman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:23 am 

These teachings are in Tibet?

Kevin

http://www.dalailama.com/webcasts/post/336-je-tsongkhapas-great-stages-of-the-path
http://www.ripple.org
http://caretoclick.com/save-the-rainforests/donate-clicks-likes-and-tweets-to-fight-climate-change-and-deforestation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 am 

india

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:38 am 

roman wrote:
I am planning on going. I haven't thought about places to stay right now. From what I know, which isn't much, there is plenty of places up there.
Although the Nyingma teachings comes first in the volumes, when Jamgon Kongtrul and Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro passed on these teachings they started with the Kadampa teachings since these lay the foundation of Bodhicitta and gave the Dzogchen teachings of the Nyingmapa as the last part. Khyentse Rinpoche will follow this tradition.
So, when do you think he will begin the dzogchen/Nyingma section. I won't be able to make it up there until the 2nd of 3rd of January.

roman

The Nyingma stuff is in the first two volumes. But when Thrangu Rinpoche gave it he started with the Kadampa stuff and then moved immediately in to the Kagyu, in particular Karma Katsang, so the Nyingma was almost at the end. So it is difficult to say but if he follows the original order it is in the beginning.

/magnus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:15 am 

heart wrote:
roman wrote:

roman

The Nyingma stuff is in the first two volumes. But when Thrangu Rinpoche gave it he started with the Kadampa stuff and then moved immediately in to the Kagyu, in particular Karma Katsang, so the Nyingma was almost at the end. So it is difficult to say but if he follows the original order it is in the beginning.

/magnus

The Siddhartha's Intent page says he will do the Nyingma at the end. Tempting, especially because with three months advanced notice the special permit to enter the region can be gotten on-line.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:48 pm 

I don't mind which lineage i will be receiving when I am there. I don't have much choice on holidays, plus any part of dam ngak dzo would be helpful for me. I think I am more a Rime person now lol.

could anyone kindly offer me contact way of accomodation or hotel, or maybe we can pay and stay in dzongsar??
I hope it won't be a too bad room though because it's not fun to stay in northern India in Dec-Jan without heating. There will be snow.

For PAP, i think it's a bit too late to apply on line, I will just apply in person when I arrive dharmsala, which we need to go first anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:52 pm 

Yes, you can get the permit in one day dharmasala.

This might help. I just emailed one hotel up there so we'll see what they say.

http://www.indiamike.com/india/himachal ... r-t130596/

I would think that the last 27 days of the dam ngak dzo would have at least the nyingma section.
I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:18 pm 

roman wrote:
I would think that the last 27 days of the dam ngak dzo would have at least the nyingma section.
I hope this helps.

Thrangu Rinpoche did it in two days. :smile: Semde took one day and Longde and Mengakde took one day, a long day.

/magnus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:51 am 

thanks for the information.
I think the best way is to stay in Monastery's accomodation, however they didn't reply my email. I have heard that people in Taiwan already arranged accomodation in monastery, through calling them directly .... :(