The Great Compassion Mantra

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
affter333

Post by affter333 »

The Vast, Great, Perfect, Full, Unimpeded Great Compassion Heart Dharani

By The Venerable Master Hsuan Hua

The great mantra of great compassion penetrates heaven and earth. One hundred
recitations for one thousand days causes ten kings to rejoice. Its great compassion
and kindness cure all disease. And so an announcement is projected high upon the
offense screen.

When you recite the Great Compassion Mantra, the heavens quake and the earth
trembles as the mantra penetrates heaven and earth. If you recite it 108 times
every day for a thousand days (that's about three years) reciting at the same
time everyday without missing a day no matter how busy you are, then the ten
kings who are directors in the hells in the courts of Yama are delighted.

Why is it called the "Great Compassion Mantra"?

Because its compassion can relieve living beings of all their sufferings and
difficulties. Because it relieves suffering and bestows happiness, it's called
the Great CompassionMantra.

Most important, it can cure ilness. No matter what your illness, if you recite
the Great Compassion Mantra, you will be cured.

Someone asks, "I recite it. Why haven't I been cured?"

You haven't been cured because your heart is not sincere.

With a sincere heart, you will certainly obtain a response from the mantra.
When you have recited 108 times every day for a thousand days, the ten directions
in the courts of Yama will be delighted and all illness will be cured. You will
have earned a great deal of merit because for three years: while reciting the
mantra, you were not creating offences, you weren't drinking wine, eating meat,
or eating the five pungent plants.

In the hells there is a platform on which stands everything you've ever
done--killing, stealing, arson--reliving all those experiences again. But you
have no karma, then nothing will show up on the screen.

Because you are devoid of karmic obstacles, they hang a sign up in the hells
which says, "So and So recites the Great compassioon Mantra and has already
detroyed his offense-karma."

All ghosts and spirits in the hells must bow down in respect to him if they were
meeting the Buddhas of the past, present and future. They protect him as they
would the Buddhas and they must inform all other ghosts and spirits not to give
him any trouble. So the power of the Great Compassion Mantra is inconceivable.

==============================================================
The Great Compassionate Mantra : ( Sanskrit )

Namo Ratna Trayaya, Namo Arya, Valokite Svaraya, Bodhisattvaya,
Mahasattvaya, Mahakarunikaya, Om, Sarva Raviye, Sudhanadasya, Namas Krtva Imam Arya,
Valokite Svara Ramdhava, Namo Narakindi, Hrih Mahavat Svame, Sarva Arthato Subham, Ajeyam,
Sarva Sat Namo Vasat Namo Vaka, Mavitato, Tadyatha, Om Avaloki, Lokate, Krate,
E Hrih, Mahabodhisattva, Sarva Sarva, Mala Mala, Mahima Hrdayam, Kuru Kuru Karmam,
Dhuru Dhuru Vijayate, Maha Vijayate, Dhara Dhara, Dhrni, Svaraya, Cala Cala,
Mama Vimala, Muktele, Ehi Ehi, Sina Sina, Arsam Prasali, Visa Visam, Prasaya,
Hulu Hulu Mara, Hulu Hulu Hrih, Sara Sara, Siri Siri, Suru Suru, Bodhiya Bodhiya,
Bodhaya Bodhaya, Maitreya, Narakindi, Dhrsnina, Vayamana, Svaha, Siddhaya, Svaha,
Mahasiddhaya, Svaha, Siddhayoge, Svaraya, Svaha, Narakindi, Svaha, Maranara, Svaha,
Sira Simha Mukhaya, Svaha, Sarva Maha Asiddhaya, Svaha, Cakra Asiddhaya, Svaha,
Padma Kasiddhaya, Svaha, Narakindi Vagalaya, Svaha, Mavari Sankharaya, Svaha,
Namo Ratna Trayaya, Namo Arya, Valokite, Svaraya, Svaha,
Om Sidhyantu, Mantra, Padaya, Svaha.

===============================================================
(Download HD Videos from below Links)

phpBB [video]

Chinese : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rLejk0zSYE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
----------------------------------------------------------

phpBB [video]

Sanskrit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ney2XBsuPMA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

phpBB [video]

Holo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK4RfXB6h10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

phpBB [video]

Other Mantras (preview) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1To4xMXQ6Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Download HD Videos from below Links)
Download HD Videos (FreeDomain) : Great Compassion Mantra

Direct Download : http://ff06d03.filefactory.com/dlp/e8q7 ... /n/Dbz.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Direct Download : http://ff09d03.filefactory.com/dlp/46ue ... /n/Dbz.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Backup Download : http://www.rapidshare.com/files/4285516989/Dbz.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Backup Download : http://hotfile.com/dl/159171558/f317b88/Dbz.zip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More Mantras/info on My Page : http://lzdmz.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please BUMP if you like the Song..

affter333

Re: The Great Compassion Mantra

Post by affter333 »

GarcherLancelot

Post by GarcherLancelot »

Although I am not a purelander(not now anyway),I must say that this mantra is very soothing and nice ,and its great to listen to when you are stressed out.
DarwidHalim

Post by DarwidHalim »

I have 2 questions here.

1. Is that sankrit language?

2. Is Ta Pei Chou the chinese version of it?
I am not here nor there.
I am not right nor wrong.
I do not exist neither non-exist.
I am not I nor non-I.
I am not in samsara nor nirvana.
To All Buddhas, I bow down for the teaching of emptiness. Thank You!
GarcherLancelot

Post by GarcherLancelot »

DarwidHalim wrote:I have 2 questions here.

1. Is that sankrit language?

2. Is Ta Pei Chou the chinese version of it?
Da bE I zhOU IS THE CHINESE VERSION YES.sorry I forgot capslock is on lol.I think there are diff. versions personally I think I like the sanskrit one.
Ikkyu

Post by Ikkyu »

"The great mantra of great compassion penetrates heaven and earth. One hundred
recitations for one thousand days causes ten kings to rejoice."

And we know this is true how...?
"Nothing can be known, not even this."
-- Arcesilaus (but I'm not sure)

(cutting through bullshit, and sometimes failing... that's ok, though)

http://thegrandtangent.com
Kaji

Post by Kaji »

This is the version that I use, in Sanskrit transliteration:
http://www.dharanipitaka.net/2011/2008/ ... mantra.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(You might need to install the Sanserif Pali font to view all the characters properly: http://www.dharanipitaka.net/2011/2008/ ... nspali.ttf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Audio recording: http://www.dharanipitaka.net/2011/2008/ ... 110504.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Namas triya-dhvikānāṃ sarva tathāgatānām!
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

English Translation of the Great Dharani
by D.T. Suzuki

Adoration to the Triple Treasure!
Adoration to Avalokitesvara the Bodhisattva-Mahasattva who is the great compassionate one!
Om, to the one who performs a leap beyond all fears!
Having adored him, may I enter into the heart of the blue-necked one known as the noble adorable Avalokitesvara! It means the completing of all meaning, it is pure, it is that which makes all beings victorious and cleanses the path of existence.
Thus:
Om, the seer, the world-transcending one!
O Hari the Mahabodhisattva!
All, all!
Defilement, defilement!
The earth, the earth!
It is the heart.
Do, do the work!
Hold fast, hold fast!
O great victor!
Hold on, hold on!
I hold on.
To Indra the creator!
Move, move, my defilement-free seal!
Come, come!
Hear, hear!
A joy springs up in me!
Speak, speak! Directing!
Hulu, hulu, mala, hulu, hulu, hile!
Sara, sara! siri, siri! suru, suru!
Be awakened, be awakened!
Have awakened, have awakened!
O mercifule one, blue-necked one!
Of daring ones, to the joyous, hail!
To the successful one, hail!
To the great successful one, hail!
To the one who has attained master in the discipline, hail!
To the blue-necked one, hail!
To the boar-faced one, hail!
To the one with a lion's head and face, hail!
To the one who holds a weapon in his hand, hail!
To the one who holds a wheel in his hand, hail!
To the one who holds a lotus in his hand, hail!
To the blue-necked far-causing one, hail!
To the beneficient one referred to in this Dharani beginning with "Namah," hail!
Adoration to the Triple Treasure!
Adoration to Avalokitesvara!
Hail!
May these [prayers] be successful!
To this magical formula, hail!

:namaste:
Kaji

Post by Kaji »

Kunga Lhadzom, is that translation based on the 84-sentence version (the most popular version)?

I have seen a Chinese translation of the Sanskrit for the full version, at http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_a387f12601015mpr.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . If there is enough interest I will have a go translating it into English - all help from Chinese-literal posters is welcomed!
Namas triya-dhvikānāṃ sarva tathāgatānām!
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Transliteration of the mantra doesn't understand the sandhi rules of sanskrit language, for example Arya+ Avalokitesvara= Aryavalokitesvara. If you now break it up it is not correct to put it as Arya Valokite!
Also: Avalokita+Isvara= Avalokitesvara, and so on...
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
lifelearner

Post by lifelearner »

Thanks for all the useful info about the Great Compassion Mantra.

I came across a Sanskrit version of the mantra on Youtube that seems to be distinctly different from the version here starting from the second line onwards.

phpBB [video]

Can someone kindly advise why there's a discrepancy and which is the correct version?

Thanks so much!
vinodh

Post by vinodh »

lifelearner wrote:Thanks for all the useful info about the Great Compassion Mantra.

I came across a Sanskrit version of the mantra on Youtube that seems to be distinctly different from the version here starting from the second line onwards.

phpBB [video]

Can someone kindly advise why there's a discrepancy and which is the correct version?

Thanks so much!
This is actually another popular Dharani called "Ekadashamukha Dharani" (The Dharani of 11-faced Avalokitesvara).

Somehow, people label this also as the Nilakantha Dharani a.k.a Great Compassion Mantra. Both are different Dharani's.

V
http://www.virtualvinodh.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yo dharmaṁ paśyati, sa buddhaṁ paśyati

One who sees the Dharma, sees the Buddha
śālistamba sūtra

na pudgalo na ca skandhā buddho jñānamanāsravam
sadāśāntiṁ vibhāvitvā gacchāmi śaraṇaṁ hyaham

Neither a person nor the aggregates, the Buddha, is knowledge free from [evil] outflows
Clearly perceiving [him] to be eternally serene, I go for refuge [in him]
saddharma-laṅkāvatāra-sūtra
lifelearner

Post by lifelearner »

Thank you so much for clarifying my doubt, V!

All the best to you!
vinodh wrote: This is actually another popular Dharani called "Ekadashamukha Dharani" (The Dharani of 11-faced Avalokitesvara).

Somehow, people label this also as the Nilakantha Dharani a.k.a Great Compassion Mantra. Both are different Dharani's.

V
devoid

Post by devoid »

May I know why this version of nilakantha dharani isn't mentioned much.
Is this the full version of nilakantha dharani? And may I know the difference between reciting the
Shorter version and this? Thanks!

oṃ namo ratnatrayaya. namah arya avalokitesvaraya bodhisattvaya mahasattvaya mahakarunikaya sarva bandhana chedana karaya. sarva bhava samudram sosana karana. sarva vyadhi prasamana karaya. sarva mrtyu upa-drava viansana karana. sarva bhaye su trana karaya. tasmat namas – krtva idam arya avalokitesvara bhastinam nilakantha pi nama hrdayam avarta isyami sarvartha-sadhanam subham ajeyam sarva bhutanam bhava marga visuddhakam tadyatha, om aloke aloka-mati lokati krante. he hare arya avalokitesvara maha bodhisattva, he bodhisattva, he maha bodhisattva, he virya bodhisattva he mahakarunika smara hrdayam. hi hi, hare arya avalokitesvara mahesvara parama maitra-citta mahakarunika. kuru kuru karman sadhaya sadhaya vidyam. ni hi, ni hi varnam kamam-game. vitta-kama vigama. siddha yogesvara. dhuru dhuru viryanti, maha viryanti. dhara dhara dharendresvara. cala cala vimala amala murte arya avalokitesvara jina krsna jata-makutavalam ma pra-lamba maha siddha vidya dhara. vara vara maha vara. bala bala maha bala. cala cala maha cala krsna-varna nigha krsna – paksa nirghatana. he padma-hasta cara cara desa caresvara krsna – sarpa krta yajnopavita ehyehi maha varaha-mukha, tripura-dahanesvaranarayana va rupa vara marga ari. he nilakantha, he mahakara, hala hala visa nir-jita lokasya. raga visa vinasana. dvesa visa vinasana. moha visa vinasana huru huru mala, huru huru hare, maha padmanabha sara sara, siri siri, suru suru, bucruc bucruc, bodhiya bodhiya, bodhaya bodhaya maitri nilakantha ehyehi vama shitha simha-mukha hasa hasa, munca munca mahattahasam ehiyehi pa maha siddha yogesvara bhana bhana vaco sadhaya sadhaya vidyam. smara smaratam bhagavantam lokita vilokitam lokesvaram tathagatam dadahi me drasana kamasya darsanam pra-hia daya mana svaha. siddhaya svaha. maha siddhaya svaha. siddha yogesvaraya svaha. nilakanthaya svaha. varaha-mukhaya svaha. maha-dara simha-mukhaya svaha. siddha vidyadharaya svaha. padma-hastaya svaha. krsna-sarpa krta yajno pavitaya svaha. maha lakuta daharaya svaha. cakra yuddhaya svaha. sankha-sabdani bodhanaya svaha. vama skandha desa sittha krsna jinaya svaha. vyaghra-carma nivasa naya svaha. lokesvaraya svaha. sarva siddhesvaraya svaha. namo bhagavate arya avalokitesvaraya bodhisattvaya mahasattvaya mahakarunikaya. sidhyanthu me mantra-padaya svaha.
DharmaWater

Post by DharmaWater »

devoid wrote:May I know why this version of nilakantha dharani isn't mentioned much.
Is this the full version of nilakantha dharani? And may I know the difference between reciting the

oṃ namo ratnatrayaya. namah arya avalokitesvaraya bodhisattvaya mahasattvaya mahakarunikaya sarva bandhana chedana karaya. sarva bhava samudram sosana karana. sarva vyadhi prasamana karaya. sarva mrtyu upa-drava viansana karana. sarva bhaye su trana karaya. tasmat namas – krtva idam arya avalokitesvara bhastinam nilakantha pi nama hrdayam avarta isyami sarvartha-sadhanam subham ajeyam sarva bhutanam bhava marga visuddhakam tadyatha, om aloke aloka-mati lokati krante. he hare arya avalokitesvara maha bodhisattva, he bodhisattva, he maha bodhisattva, he virya bodhisattva he mahakarunika smara hrdayam. hi hi, hare arya avalokitesvara mahesvara parama maitra-citta mahakarunika. kuru kuru karman sadhaya sadhaya vidyam. ni hi, ni hi varnam kamam-game. vitta-kama vigama. siddha yogesvara. dhuru dhuru viryanti, maha viryanti. dhara dhara dharendresvara. cala cala vimala amala murte arya avalokitesvara jina krsna jata-makutavalam ma pra-lamba maha siddha vidya dhara. vara vara maha vara. bala bala maha bala. cala cala maha cala krsna-varna nigha krsna – paksa nirghatana. he padma-hasta cara cara desa caresvara krsna – sarpa krta yajnopavita ehyehi maha varaha-mukha, tripura-dahanesvaranarayana va rupa vara marga ari. he nilakantha, he mahakara, hala hala visa nir-jita lokasya. raga visa vinasana. dvesa visa vinasana. moha visa vinasana huru huru mala, huru huru hare, maha padmanabha sara sara, siri siri, suru suru, bucruc bucruc, bodhiya bodhiya, bodhaya bodhaya maitri nilakantha ehyehi vama shitha simha-mukha hasa hasa, munca munca mahattahasam ehiyehi pa maha siddha yogesvara bhana bhana vaco sadhaya sadhaya vidyam. smara smaratam bhagavantam lokita vilokitam lokesvaram tathagatam dadahi me drasana kamasya darsanam pra-hia daya mana svaha. siddhaya svaha. maha siddhaya svaha. siddha yogesvaraya svaha. nilakanthaya svaha. varaha-mukhaya svaha. maha-dara simha-mukhaya svaha. siddha vidyadharaya svaha. padma-hastaya svaha. krsna-sarpa krta yajno pavitaya svaha. maha lakuta daharaya svaha. cakra yuddhaya svaha. sankha-sabdani bodhanaya svaha. vama skandha desa sittha krsna jinaya svaha. vyaghra-carma nivasa naya svaha. lokesvaraya svaha. sarva siddhesvaraya svaha. namo bhagavate arya avalokitesvaraya bodhisattvaya mahasattvaya mahakarunikaya. sidhyanthu me mantra-padaya svaha.
Hi Devoid, When I first read this sutra, I had trouble finding the long version. I know that reciting the entire mantra has great efficaciousness but the individual lines are mantras in and of themselves. Each line is numbered and has a specific affect/purpose. I think when the mantras were first hitting the net around 2006-2008, there was a bit of nervousness because they didn't want unlearned Westerners discovering the more 'esoteric' uses of mantras (controlling ghosts, using them like spells) because that would severely detract from cultivating the Way.

I received the 42 Hand Eyes discourse from a Shurangama teacher where it outlined which lines do what. I don't have it anymore and have been unable to find it again but I definitely remember reading it - it was intense. I can imagine if it found it's way into mainstream, the teaching of the Buddha might be underpinned.

This is a PDF an includes the version of mantra I've always recited: http://huntingtonarchive.osu.edu/resour ... ra.doc.pdf
DharmaWater

Post by DharmaWater »

vinodh wrote:
lifelearner wrote:Thanks for all the useful info about the Great Compassion Mantra.

phpBB [video]

Thanks so much!
This is actually another popular Dharani called "Ekadashamukha Dharani" (The Dharani of 11-faced Avalokitesvara).

V
Nice Vinohd! I didn't know about this one.
devoid

Post by devoid »

DharmaWater wrote:
devoid wrote:May I know why this version of nilakantha dharani isn't mentioned much.

Hi Devoid, When I first read this sutra, I had trouble finding the long version. I know that reciting the entire mantra has great efficaciousness but the individual lines are mantras in and of themselves. Each line is numbered and has a specific affect/purpose. I think when the mantras were first hitting the net around 2006-2008, there was a bit of nervousness because they didn't want unlearned Westerners discovering the more 'esoteric' uses of mantras (controlling ghosts, using them like spells) because that would severely detract from cultivating the Way.

I received the 42 Hand Eyes discourse from a Shurangama teacher where it outlined which lines do what. I don't have it anymore and have been unable to find it again but I definitely remember reading it - it was intense. I can imagine if it found it's way into mainstream, the teaching of the Buddha might be underpinned.

This is a PDF an includes the version of mantra I've always recited: http://huntingtonarchive.osu.edu/resour ... ra.doc.pdf
Hi
Yeah i read that version of pdf before too but never really bothered with the esoteric uses of it. I recite the long version of this as i realize it was very soothing to the ears.
Maybe its affinity even thou i agree it is one of the longest dharani i have come across other than the Shurangama sutra.
nilakantha

Post by nilakantha »

I believe the best version is the version of Vajrabodhi, reconstituted by Dr. Chandra:

CONSTITUTED TEXT OF VAJRABODHI
1. namo ratnatrāya / nama āryĀvalokiteśvarāya bodhisattvāya mahasattvāya mahākāruṇikāya sarvabandhanacchedanakarāya sarvabhavasamudraśoṣaṇakarāya sarvavyādhipraśamanakarāya sarvetyupadravavināśanakarāya sarvabhayeṣu trāṇakarāya / tasmai namaskṛtvā imaṁ āryĀvalokiteśvarabhāṣitaṁ Nīlakaṇṭhanama /
2. hṛdayaṁ vartayiṣyāmi sarvārthasādhakaṁ śubham/ ajeyaṁ sarvabhūtānāṁ bhavamārgaviśodhakam//
3. TADYATHĀ / Oṁ āloka e ālokamati lokātikrānta ehi Hare āryĀvalokitesvara mahābodhisattva he bodhisattva he mahābodhisattva he vīryabodhisattva he mahākāruṇika smara hṛdayam / ehyehi Hare āryĀvalokiteśvara Maheśvara paramārthacitta mahākāruṇika / kurukuru karma / sādhayasādhaya vidyām / dehidehi tvaraṁ kāmam gama vihaṅgama vigama siddhayogeśvara / dhurudhuru viyanta e mahāviyanta e / dharadhara dharendreśvara / calacala vimalāmala āryĀvalokiteśvara Jina/ kṛṣṇajaṭāmakuṭā ’varama prarama virama mahāsiddhavidyādhara/ balabala mahābala mallamalla mahāmalla calacala mahācala / kṛṣṇavarṇa dīrghakṛṣṇapakṣanirghātana he padmahasta / caracara niśācareśvara kṛṣṇasarpakṛtayajñopavīta/ ehyehi mahāVarāhamukha Tripuradahaneśvara Nārayaṇabalopabalaveśadhara / he Nīlakaṇṭha he Mahākāla halāhalaviṣanirjita lokasya rāgaviṣavināśana dveṣaviṣavinasana mohaviṣavināśana huluhulu malla / hulu Hare MahāPadmanābha/ sarasara sirisiri surusuru murumuru / budhyabudhya bodhayabodhaya maitriya Nīlakaṇṭha / ehyehi vāmasthitaSiṁhamukha / hasahasa muñcamuñca mahāṭṭahāsam/ ehyehi bho mahāsiddhayogeśvara / bhaṇabhaṇa vācam / sādhayasādhaya vidyām ̣ smarasmara taṁ bhagavantaṁ lokitavilokitaṁ Lokeśvaraṁ tathāgatam / dadāhi me darśanakāmasya darśanam / prahlādaya manaḥ svāhā/
siddhāya svāhā/ mahāsiddhāya svāhā/ siddhayogeśvarāya svāhā/ Nīlakaṇṭhāya svāhā/ Varāhamukhāya svāhā/ MahāNarasiṁhamukhāya svāhā / siddhavidyādharāya svāhā / padmahastāya svāhā / kṛṣṇasarpakṛtayajñopavītāya svāhā / mahāLakuṭadhāraya svāhā/ cakrāyudhāya svāhā / śaṅkhaśabdanibodhanāya svāhā / vāmaskandhadeśasthitakṛṣṇājināya svāhā / vyāghracarmanivasanāya svāhā/ Lokeśvarāya svāhā / sarvasiddhesvarāya svāhā/
4. namo bhagavate āryĀvalokitesvarāya bodhisattvāya mahāsattvāya mahākārṇikaya/ siddhyantu me mantrapadāni svāhā//
May I be a poet in birth after birth, a devotee of the feet of Lord Avalokiteśvara,
with elevated heart, spontaneously directed towards his Refuge,
wholly occupied with the solemn duty of saving others.

--Lokeshvarashatakam of Vajradatta
devoid

Post by devoid »

nilakantha wrote:I believe the best version is the version of Vajrabodhi, reconstituted by Dr. Chandra:

CONSTITUTED TEXT OF VAJRABODHI
1. namo ratnatrāya / nama āryĀvalokiteśvarāya bodhisattvāya mahasattvāya mahākāruṇikāya sarvabandhanacchedanakarāya sarvabhavasamudraśoṣaṇakarāya sarvavyādhipraśamanakarāya sarvetyupadravavināśanakarāya sarvabhayeṣu trāṇakarāya / tasmai namaskṛtvā imaṁ āryĀvalokiteśvarabhāṣitaṁ Nīlakaṇṭhanama /
2. hṛdayaṁ vartayiṣyāmi sarvārthasādhakaṁ śubham/ ajeyaṁ sarvabhūtānāṁ bhavamārgaviśodhakam//
3. TADYATHĀ / Oṁ āloka e ālokamati lokātikrānta ehi Hare āryĀvalokitesvara mahābodhisattva he bodhisattva he mahābodhisattva he vīryabodhisattva he mahākāruṇika smara hṛdayam / ehyehi Hare āryĀvalokiteśvara Maheśvara paramārthacitta mahākāruṇika / kurukuru karma / sādhayasādhaya vidyām / dehidehi tvaraṁ kāmam gama vihaṅgama vigama siddhayogeśvara / dhurudhuru viyanta e mahāviyanta e / dharadhara dharendreśvara / calacala vimalāmala āryĀvalokiteśvara Jina/ kṛṣṇajaṭāmakuṭā ’varama prarama virama mahāsiddhavidyādhara/ balabala mahābala mallamalla mahāmalla calacala mahācala / kṛṣṇavarṇa dīrghakṛṣṇapakṣanirghātana he padmahasta / caracara niśācareśvara kṛṣṇasarpakṛtayajñopavīta/ ehyehi mahāVarāhamukha Tripuradahaneśvara Nārayaṇabalopabalaveśadhara / he Nīlakaṇṭha he Mahākāla halāhalaviṣanirjita lokasya rāgaviṣavināśana dveṣaviṣavinasana mohaviṣavināśana huluhulu malla / hulu Hare MahāPadmanābha/ sarasara sirisiri surusuru murumuru / budhyabudhya bodhayabodhaya maitriya Nīlakaṇṭha / ehyehi vāmasthitaSiṁhamukha / hasahasa muñcamuñca mahāṭṭahāsam/ ehyehi bho mahāsiddhayogeśvara / bhaṇabhaṇa vācam / sādhayasādhaya vidyām ̣ smarasmara taṁ bhagavantaṁ lokitavilokitaṁ Lokeśvaraṁ tathāgatam / dadāhi me darśanakāmasya darśanam / prahlādaya manaḥ svāhā/
siddhāya svāhā/ mahāsiddhāya svāhā/ siddhayogeśvarāya svāhā/ Nīlakaṇṭhāya svāhā/ Varāhamukhāya svāhā/ MahāNarasiṁhamukhāya svāhā / siddhavidyādharāya svāhā / padmahastāya svāhā / kṛṣṇasarpakṛtayajñopavītāya svāhā / mahāLakuṭadhāraya svāhā/ cakrāyudhāya svāhā / śaṅkhaśabdanibodhanāya svāhā / vāmaskandhadeśasthitakṛṣṇājināya svāhā / vyāghracarmanivasanāya svāhā/ Lokeśvarāya svāhā / sarvasiddhesvarāya svāhā/
4. namo bhagavate āryĀvalokitesvarāya bodhisattvāya mahāsattvāya mahākārṇikaya/ siddhyantu me mantrapadāni svāhā//

Yes, this version is the one I'm able to remember , but this one is not as popular as the shorter version which they translate into mandarin as this one is almost 2x longer than the shorter one.

The exact difference between the two i'm not exactly sure, maybe someone can shed some light on this?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Folks, could you please provide us with links to the websites, whenever you copy and paste? :namaste:

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”