Translation of the Commentary to the Ten Stages

General forum on Mahayana.

Translation of the Commentary to the Ten Stages

Postby Huifeng » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:10 am

Hi all,

This is just to let you know that Ven Dharmamitra is presently back at work in his translation studio again, and is presently working on a translation of Nāgārjuna’s translation of the Daśabhūmika-vibhāṣa (十住毘婆沙論 Shizhu Biposha Lun). This is the earliest commentary that we have on this important text, a text which later became part of the complete Avatamsaka sūtra (華嚴經 Huayan Jing).

Apparently he's actually working on several of the sutra and commentary texts simultaneously, reading and then translating them synoptically. He sent me a photo of his studio, where he has two computer screens each with 4-6 word processor files open at the same time! Not to mention the other resources in the background ...

It may be a little while yet before they are out for the public. He does work at a very fast past, but it's through a strict timetable, not any rush effort at all. They'll first go through a couple of editors / proof readers, and then they'll probably be up on the Kalavinka site, and then at Amazon.

Just to let you all know!

~~ Huifeng
Huifeng

Re: Translation of the Commentary to the Ten Stages

Postby pueraeternus » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:11 am

Wonderful news. Also glad to know that Ven Dharmamitra has regained his health. Thanks for the heads-up Venerable.
When I set out to lead humanity along my Golden Path I promised a lesson their bones would remember. I know a profound pattern humans deny with words even while their actions affirm it. They say they seek security and quiet, conditions they call peace. Even as they speak, they create seeds of turmoil and violence.

- Leto II, the God Emperor
pueraeternus

Return to Mahāyāna Buddhism