Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Pero

Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra

Post by Pero »

Someone posted this on another forum and I thought I'd share it here. Sounds beautiful to me.
Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra Youtube
Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra Wiki
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Jnana

Re: Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra

Post by Jnana »

Pero wrote:Someone posted this on another forum and I thought I'd share it here. Sounds beautiful to me.
Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra Youtube
Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra Wiki
Thanks for sharing Pero. I looked up the text in the Derge Kangyur and the long Sanskrit dhāraṇī is a little different there.

ārya-sarvadurgatipariśodhanyuṣṇiṣavijaya-nāma-dhāraṇī.
'phags pa ngan 'gro thams cad yongs su sbyong ba gtsug tor rnam par rgyal ba zhes bya ba'i gzungs.

All the best,

Geoff
Pero

Re: Usnisa Vijaya Dharani Sutra

Post by Pero »

Yeah it seems there are different versions. I couldn't find such nice singing for the different one though. :smile:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”