Question about arguments against Mahayana

General forum on Mahayana.

Re: Question about arguments against Mahayana

Postby BFS » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Time is so short, precious time slips away so very quickly, I wouldn't spend too much of it worrying about his views.

As His Holiness the Dalai Lama says -

"The essential purpose of the Buddhas giving teachings is to eliminate both mistaken states of mind and the experience of suffering. This is also the reason that they have worked to achieve enlightenment. The Buddhas' only motivation is to benefit others, which they fulfill by teaching; so despising any of their teachings is worse than despising them. This is the implication of following one Dharma Tradition while disparaging other Traditions."

"Because of the varying capacities and inclinations of beings the Buddhas have taught various methods of practice and philosophy. If we follow one of these and yet belittle others, we abandon the Dharma and consequently the Buddhas as well."

May we all be free from bias attachment and anger. :heart:
BFS

Postby mudra » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:48 pm

BFS, if there was a "like" button on this forum I would hit it on your reply above. :twothumbsup:
mudra

Postby ball-of-string » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:54 am

I would be interested in a link to the videos mentioned in the OP. I thought all reputable Buddhist lineages agreed to give up the "your sect is inferior to mine" tact back in the 1950's.
ball-of-string

Previous

Return to Mahāyāna Buddhism