Imee Ooi Buddhist Chants

General forum on Mahayana.

Imee Ooi Buddhist Chants

Postby rory » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:57 am

You can now buy Imee Ooi's chants: Heart Sutra, Medicine Buddha Dharanis, Tisarana, Metta, Great Compassion Mantra as MP3's for 99 cents over at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... +ooi&ajr=0

She's a great artist spreading the Dharma, I've learned to chant the Great Compassion Mantra in Sanskrit thanks to her wonderful recordings!; for those who've heard her or those who haven't yet; buy an MP3 : we all can afford 99 cents!
with gassho
Rory
Dharani of Amoghapasa Avalokitesvara:

Om amogha-padma-pasa-krodhakarsaya praveshaya maha-pashupati-yama-varuna-kuvera
brahma-vesa-dhara padma-kula-samayan hum hum

heart mantra: Om amogha vijaya hum phat
rory

Re: Imee Ooi Buddhist Chants

Postby Zhen Li » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 am

They are also available on iTunes.

I sometimes will listen to these all day, it really makes life pleasant. What music you listen to can really influence your mind a lot.
Master Hsing-Yun, Sounds of the Dharma: Buddhism and Music, p. 2. Quoting 'Treatise on the Perfection of Great Wisdom' wrote:In order to build a pure land, the bodhisattvas make use of beautiful music to soften people’s hearts. With their hearts softened, people’s minds are more receptive, and thus easier to educate and transform through the teachings. For this reason, music has been established as one type of ceremonial offering to be made to the Buddha.

Perhaps Imee Ooi is a Bodhisattva building a pureland, and her music is probably not too different from the singing of the birds in the pureland.
Zhen Li

Postby dzogchungpa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:01 am

These are my favorites of hers:

ཨོཾ་ཏཱ་རེ་ཏུཏྟ་རེ་ཏུ་རེ་སྭཱཧཱ༔
dzogchungpa

Postby Aemilius » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:55 am

rory wrote:You can now buy Imee Ooi's chants: Heart Sutra, Medicine Buddha Dharanis, Tisarana, Metta, Great Compassion Mantra as MP3's for 99 cents over at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... +ooi&ajr=0

She's a great artist spreading the Dharma, I've learned to chant the Great Compassion Mantra in Sanskrit thanks to her wonderful recordings!; for those who've heard her or those who haven't yet; buy an MP3 : we all can afford 99 cents!
with gassho
Rory

Amazon says they don't, as yet, sell music in MP3 format outside of the USA.

svaha
Aemilius

Postby rory » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:27 am

Aemilius: all you need is a US address to get Amazon US only books and things, maybe you have a friend or relative. (though that's extremely aggravating, sorry I didn't know)
gassho
Rory
Dharani of Amoghapasa Avalokitesvara:

Om amogha-padma-pasa-krodhakarsaya praveshaya maha-pashupati-yama-varuna-kuvera
brahma-vesa-dhara padma-kula-samayan hum hum

heart mantra: Om amogha vijaya hum phat
rory

Postby Zhen Li » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:28 am

I am from Canada and I got most of those you see on Amazon using iTunes. All you need is a credit card. :thumbsup:
Zhen Li

Postby Aemilius » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 am

rory wrote:Aemilius: all you need is a US address to get Amazon US only books and things, maybe you have a friend or relative. (though that's extremely aggravating, sorry I didn't know)
gassho
Rory

Thanks!
In the past I have bought CDs from her company in Malaysia, their deliveries are quick and reliable.
svaha
Aemilius

Postby zsc » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoy the Great Compassion Mantra :)
yolo (but not really).
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
성불하세요.
zsc

Postby zsc » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Zhen Li wrote:They are also available on iTunes.

I sometimes will listen to these all day, it really makes life pleasant. What music you listen to can really influence your mind a lot.
Master Hsing-Yun, Sounds of the Dharma: Buddhism and Music, p. 2. Quoting 'Treatise on the Perfection of Great Wisdom' wrote:In order to build a pure land, the bodhisattvas make use of beautiful music to soften people’s hearts. With their hearts softened, people’s minds are more receptive, and thus easier to educate and transform through the teachings. For this reason, music has been established as one type of ceremonial offering to be made to the Buddha.

Perhaps Imee Ooi is a Bodhisattva building a pureland, and her music is probably not too different from the singing of the birds in the pureland.

It certainly seems like it.
yolo (but not really).
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
성불하세요.
zsc

Return to Mahāyāna Buddhism