Buddhist?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
muni

Buddhist?

Post by muni »

*Can you accept that all things are impermanent and that there is no essential substance or concept that is permanent?

*Can you accept that all emotions bring pain and suffering and that there is no emotion that is purely pleasurable?

*Can you accept that all phenomena are illusory and empty?

*Can you accept that enlightenment is beyond concepts; that it's not a perfect blissful heaven, but instead a release from delusion?

http://trc.emv2.com/HS?a=DNX7Cq7ssPmU8S ... xKDo41lw3g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.
White Lotus

Re: Buddhist?

Post by White Lotus »

yup!

the Rinpoche's text is very fine, but it is still taking positions, i guess we all do this from time to time. really there is 'no' position to take. taking a position is to tie a donkey to a pole for 10,000 years.

do you really have to take a position? any belief or view is simply polishing the brick, but it can be fun to polish a brick. i am a fat one that polishes his brick.
*Can you accept that all things are impermanent and that there is no essential substance or concept that is permanent?

theres nothing to accept, no permanence, no impermanence. Noble muni has it already. permanence is empty, impermanence is empty.
*Can you accept that all emotions bring pain and suffering and that there is no emotion that is purely pleasurable?
theres nothing to accept, there are no emotions, there is no pain and there is no suffering. pain is empty, suffering is empty. just so. as it is. and yet we still have to endure pain and suffering. the fundamental reality is emptiness, but sometimes this emptiness hurts. like isolation.
*Can you accept that all phenomena are illusory and empty?

theres nothing to accept, but there is something to see and directly taste... emptiness/not a thing ness. nothing. but whats the point of seeing and tasteing?
except it being fun.
*Can you accept that enlightenment is beyond concepts; that it's not a perfect blissful heaven, but instead a release from delusion?
theres nothing to accept, enlightenment is nothing, when you accept that its nothing you accept everything. concepts are perfect emptiness... there are no concepts to speak of. there is no heaven, nor samsara, heaven and samsara being perfect emptiness. the only delusion is that we arent all buddhas, that things arnt all emptiness. but they are.

everything is emptiness. ideas are emptiness, concepts are perfect emptiness, one sided points of view are perfect emptiness, deulusion is perfect emptiness,
insight is perfect emptiness. no ideas, no concepts, no points of view, no delusion, no enlightenement.

self is empty, there is no self. buddha nature is nothing, there is no buddha nature, mind is empty, there is no mind, appearances are empty. there are no appearances.

taste and see with this normal mind... there is no mind. mind is form. self is form. emptiness is form. form is emptiness. all this is emptiness. there is no 'this', there is no 'it'. this is empty, 'it' is empty, 'so', is emptiness. nothing.

why worry about seeing things in a particular way, why worry about right view. everyone has it... normal mind = normal self = form. all these are emptiness, not a thing ness.

to see emptiness all you need to do is look inside yourself, right now, without thoughts. that is it! then look at the computer screen, without thoughts. the taste is the same.

isnt everything buddhist? isnt everyone buddha? how could they not be... this is the one mind = emptiness.

i could be accused of attachment to emptiness, but im not, i cant even accept that i am enlightened. and yet all things are empty. i see it with my own eyes.
anyway how can there be attachment to emptiness, when all things are empty. attachment to what is not, that which is, is daft. i am empty, how can i be attached to emptiness.

some people say... taste it as it is, just like this, just so, but i cant even see things as they 'are' anymore, except as empty. things are not.

its like this for all of us, but we dont all know that we are seeing this emptiness all the time. believe me we all do.

with love, White Lotus.

this is how i taste it.
how about you?
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Re: Buddhist?

Post by White Lotus »

Noble Muni,

sorry, that was rather a long post! i hope your eyes dont hurt after seeing it.

WL.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”