Soul split into multiple mosquitoes?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Soul split into multiple mosquitoes?

Post by Grigoris »

Off topic posts "deleted".

Keep to the topic please and leave aside the online popular psychology diagnoses.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Soul split into multiple mosquitoes?

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

gregkavarnos wrote:
Will wrote:One of Master Hua's disciples gave a helpful response that remm quoted early in this thread. It seems to have been ignored.

If one goes to chapter 8 of the Shurangama Sutra Master Hua comments on the 'souls' in the Form skandha. This may have something to do with the multiplicity of little lives in that form skandha.
"Souls" in the Form skandha? "Multiplicity of little lives" in the form skandha?

I just read the message that remm posted and it says nothing even vaguely related to the Master Hua commentary.
My second sentence (or paragraph) was separate because the subject had nothing to do with remm's post. But it does, via Master's teaching referred to, address all the chatter about multiplicity etc.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”