Suchness

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
White Lotus

Re: Suchness

Post by White Lotus »

:namaste: agreement all round. what more is there for me to say... its probably been said already by you guys.

to say that the mind is deluded simply because one is not aware of the sameness of all things is in my opinion unhlepful. it may be the case that when you are moving there is no perception of movement, coming, staying and going are the same, whereas before there was perceived difference. or past, present and future have ceased to be perceivable, except as emptiness. but the slide show goes on.

i would say that there is no delusion of separation or difference to get wrid of, though it can be got wrid of. ie. its just not important to alter the state of your perception. my understanding of prajnaparamita, tells me that there is no need for any kind of attainment. that you are already fully enlightened, and seeing the sameness of all things without diference or discrimination is just not necessary.

your mind is perfect just as it is. anyone can see the sameness of all things if he feels the nature of awareness when it touches objects. the feeling is the same looking at this computer as it is whatever you are doing. this is just not important.

people are always looking for something outside themselves, something mindboggling, or miraculous. actually even typing at this computer is totally miraculous if you think about it. this is that old serpent the ego trying to complicate things.

if i could say one thing it would be... "this is it".

i have said that i am unenlightened, but this is because im no different from anyone else. attainments mean nothing. its you. just as you are that matters. things just as they are that matters, and as long as the ego reigns, there will be no acceptance of this fact. its just too simple for the ego...

as for habitual tendencies, what is it that needs to get wrid of them? often it is ego. when they are meant to go, they will go of their own accord. to try to train the mind with mind will probably only lead to temporary changes.

and yes, there is nothing more complex than the simple.

with love, from White Lotus. x
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”