Using a Mala

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Xiangbala

Re: Using a Mala

Post by Xiangbala »

Yeshe wrote:MALAS - PRAYER BEADS

Tibetans also use their mala for blessing others, as it is believed the mala absorbs great power through deity mantra practice.

[/i]
Hello, I am interested in this statement. I am familiar with one blessing ones mala, but what do you mean by blessing others? Do you mean through mantra recitation using the mala? Or is there another practice of blessing others with the Mala?

:anjali:
Xiangbala
Namo Amituofo!
Namo Quan Yin Pu Sa!
Namo Di Zhang Wang Pu Sa!

XIANGBALA
Blue Garuda

Re: Using a Mala

Post by Blue Garuda »

Xiangbala wrote:
Yeshe wrote:MALAS - PRAYER BEADS

Tibetans also use their mala for blessing others, as it is believed the mala absorbs great power through deity mantra practice.

[/i]
Hello, I am interested in this statement. I am familiar with one blessing ones mala, but what do you mean by blessing others? Do you mean through mantra recitation using the mala? Or is there another practice of blessing others with the Mala?

:anjali:
Xiangbala
Hi. Sorry, I did have a source for this but I can't find it now.

Basically, it is said that being touched by the mala of a great yogi a person can receive blessings or healing. I've seen it placed on the crown of practitioners in order to bless them, but I can't remember which Youtube clip I was watching at the time.

A Google of 'mala crown blessings' does turn up some links mentioning the same thing, one from a vajra master.
Left

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”