How to be healthy

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Virgo

How to be healthy

Post by Virgo »

How to be healthy? Obviouly proper diet is a must. However, there are certain other guidelines that we should follow. First of all, we must be active. Everyday, except perhaps one or two days per week, we should put in a lot of work, try to accomplish as much as possible. While the Sun shines we should accomplish important activities. This means we should always get out of bed early. Only one or two days per week should we "take it easy", and only after accomplishing a few days of hard work beforehand. Each day we should engage in some physical activity. If we have a sedentary job, we can can work in ways to walk, or just get our bodies moving each day. We should also learn to be practical and self-reliant. It is important for every person to gain practical know-how, and learn to rely on themselves if they need to get something done. This is very important. We have to be active, and engaged people to stay healthy.

We also have to make sure we rest every evening and GET ENOUGH SLEEP! We should have down time every night before bed. It's imperative to take it easy and relax each night, otherwise we can damage our health.

As I said, 5 or 6 days a week we should be active, one or two we should rest more, and ever evening we should rest. This cycle is important four our mind and body. Also, during the waxing phase of the moon we should put in extra effort at work and with all our activities. We should push ourselves more (though not over-exert) During the waning period we should still meet our standards for being active, but we should take it a bit easier, we should assimilate and celebrate what we have accomplished more; have a get-together, throw a party. The two of waxing are especially active, the two of waning, still active but not pushing ino high gear too much, and we should cherish and enjoy all life thoroughly.

This is the secret to a happy life. It is also imperative (from my viewpoint) that we live according to medicine -- Ayurvedic as well as other types, with balance.

Additionally, it is important to meditate every day, etc. to keep a sattvic mind, and we should also restrain our callass speech, especially in referance to other people. Try not to point out peoples bad points too much, instead accentuate the good ones. Be honest in all your dealings, keep a balanced diet, never over-exert yourself, drink lots of water (especially after getting up), and get some light excercize in.

Your face will glow, you thoughts will be clean, clear, and good natured. You will enjoy life.

:tongue:

Kevin
SSJ3Gogeta

Re: How to be healthy

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

The best is weight training with a barbell i.e. squats, deadlifts etc.

Better than any yoga, cardio, diet etc. in terms of getting and staying in shape.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:The best is weight training with a barbell i.e. squats, deadlifts etc.

Better than any yoga, cardio, diet etc. in terms of getting and staying in shape.
That's good for some people. I don't weight train because it increases my pitta.

Kevin
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

I find people come with all sorts of excuses not to weight train.

Kids will say 'Oh it will stunt my growth'

Women will say 'Oh it will make me look like a man'
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:I find people come with all sorts of excuses not to weight train.

Kids will say 'Oh it will stunt my growth'

Women will say 'Oh it will make me look like a man'
I have no problem with intensive excercize regimes or weight training. I am an ex-Sailor and and ran/PT'd every day. I don't believe in excuses. I was a well oiled, basically trained machine-- an unstoppable product of my 3 RDC'S-- men whom I have immense respect for to this day. They trained me to be a warrior. I take the same no frills, never quit, never give up attitude into every aspect of my life. That is why I never back down, and why I accomplished so much in life. I just find weight training increases my pitta and so I don't do it. It's nothing to do with excuses.

Kevin

Return to “Lounge”