Broke two bones in hand and wrist

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Broke two bones in hand and wrist

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi all :)

I accidentally today broke two bones in my hand and wrist. I'll be lurking but it's too painful to type much. Metta to all, everyone be well!

Best wishes,
Laura
ronnewmexico

Re: Broke two bones in hand and wrist

Post by ronnewmexico »

My sympathy for your pain and suffering. Your posts will be missed till you heal.

If I was a accomplished person I would try to utilize the situation for the spiritual.

But I am neither in that situation nor am I accomplished in any fashion.

So I hope you heal quickly.

As a aside but relevent, my personal observation..... when very bad things happen quite often in a physical sense, it attests to the good things happening quite often in a spiritual sense for those on a spiritual path. Exactly the karmic mechanism that produces this effect is not known by me. I'd guess it has to do with how negative effects unwind from our person. Some attribute such things to a quickening of karmic effect by the spiritual. Just my personal observation, but personally I find this absolutely true.
So if you are like me, as I find myself, your physical speaks but of a great great advancement in another area. So be very happy perhaps, though in pain. YOu perhaps have accomplished something. Just to venture a guess,,,,
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
zengammon

Post by zengammon »

Hi Laura,

Best wishes for a quick return to good health.

Oh--and stop doing that! :smile: It hurts!

John

Luke

Post by Luke »

Hi Laura,

I hope you heal quickly. I actually hurt my hand as well, but it just has scrapes and cuts. I was walking through some back streets in the city on my way back to the train station after I'd been to one of my lama's teachings, and I slipped on a huge patch of black ice. I look forward to the spring time.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Laura,

That's no fun!

My advice would be to rest it as much as you can (unless anyone of a professional nature recommends physio).

I've had a sore wrist since September 09 and it's only just coming good. In my case it was tendon damage rather than broken bones, but it's the kind of location that's very easy to aggravate if you're not mindful.

Best wishes.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Hi all :)

I accidentally today broke two bones in my hand and wrist. I'll be lurking but it's too painful to type much. Metta to all, everyone be well!

Best wishes,
Laura
Oh dear Laura. :hug: G How did that happen??

You'll get better soon! The first days are the worst.

In 2 weeks it will be almost forgotten!

Perjaps you can type with one hand and one finger?

I'm typing with my 2 pointing fingers!!

Can't do it any other way!

But be cautious! Maybe you won't be able to type right anymore with all 10, if you get used to another method! :tantrum:

Have you got some treats at home to create a physical counterbalance?

That's what works for me.

....besides Dhamma studies... of course, of course...:tongue:

PS: Get well soon, Luke.

Been shoveling snow here this morning, and am fed up with winter.

I
My website: http://schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Retro, best wishes to you as well.

To all who have body problems right now! May you be well soon!

I was very worn out a few weeks ago, (actually for days) after we got loads of snow and I, a petite woman, had to deal with it all by myself.

I had to keep the walkway clean, and my front yard.

:evil:
My website: http://schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Huifeng

Post by Huifeng »

Best wishes,
Laura
Hello Laura,
Please get well soon, and take care of yourself!
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

The diagnosis is different from what I misunderstood at the ER. My entire forearm is has two broken bones and I need surgery. My pre-op appontment is tomorrow morning. I will rest i a lot and use the time for extra time for practice. I'm using the hunt-and-peck method right now to type ;)
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

As a aside but to mention. This is not meant to constitute medical opinion in any fashion. If you have not had a scan to determine bone density and such..... after incidents like fractures and things of that nature is not a bad time to start. Perhaps you are well aware of these things and I am preaching to the choir, but in the advent you are not it bares stateing.

Osteoperosis can present in even the youngest of females(and very rarely males) and lead to a tendency to fracture. History of that disease leads quite often from a very physical backround such as competitive gymnastics, long distance running or figure skating. So it may seem like such a physical person should not have that problem but they do as consequence of those things.

So at such a time a consultation with a MD on scanning for this thing may be worth endeavoring.
Perhaps this has been done but if not, the earlier treatment, medical, physical, and diet modifications are made, the better the outcome.

Hopefully this is way off base but if not.....check for it.

That's just personal opinion, and not to be confused with any medical opinion.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

To everyone, thank you for yout kind words :)

And Ron I will use you advice. It certainly can't hurt :)
BFS

Post by BFS »

Dear Laura,

Get well soon!
:heart:
muni

Post by muni »

Oh dear! Have comfortable care and smoothly recover please. :group:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Ouch!

Get well soon. Heal fast. Be well.

much metta!
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Best wishes,
Laura

Oh noes! You be well too!

BTW this could make for an interesting meditation session. Can you generate contentment even with a sore paw? Let me know how it goes.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Hello dear friend Drolma

I hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes,

Tashi.
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
some1

Post by some1 »

Laura, I wish you a smooth surgery and speedy recovery after that. Meanwhile, take a good rest.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Thanks again all,for such kind wishes. And BFS I love the avie! :)

:namaste:
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Hi Ngawang :smile:

Very sorry to hear of your injuries. I have had a dreadful migraine over the last 36 hours which is why I have been absent.

I wish you a speedy recovery and I look forward to you being able to participate fully again when you are healed.

Best Wishes and Regards,

rt

(p.s. no need to respond)
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Oh No! :crying: May you be free of pain and quickly be healed! :hi:

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Lounge”