Dzochenpa Census

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Dzochenpa Census

Post by Grigoris »

Peace!!!
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
muni

Post by muni »

Yudron wrote:I

There has never been a census done of people who practice Dzogchen, and there probably could not be one done accurately, because for a lot of people it is a secret practice. Therefore, we don't know how many dzogchen practitioners there are on the planet, on the internet, or on this forum, and who their teachers are.

I do know that most of my vajra sisters and brothers would not be interested in talking about dharma on-line, and among the subset who would, most are not interested in being in an atmosphere like Dharmawheel and it's predecessors--a debate-like atmosphere with mostly brainy men participating. I'm not saying that is bad or good.

However, based on my friendship network, Asian and American primarily, I really doubt that there are more Dzogchen practitioners that study under Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche. More than most teachers, probably, but not more than all teachers, or all teachers put together.

Patrul Rinpoche wasnt' found in revealing teachings to everyone like on the open market. Since the dzogchen can be very easy misunderstood and lead to even more selfishness and heedless behaviour.
Namkhay Norbu Rinpoche La like all manifestations is selfless compassionate action, Bodhichitta. Possible now there is internet method, still the warning for misunderstanding remains.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Josef wrote:
Yudron wrote: Does it have the whole root tantra in it?
Yes, at least what has been published so far.
I just ordered the three available volumes from Jim, but it looks like from the site that it's just chapters 1-40 for the three volumes and only the part commented upon is included in each volume. I suppose I should just wait though.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherlock wrote:
Josef wrote:
Yudron wrote: Does it have the whole root tantra in it?
Yes, at least what has been published so far.
I just ordered the three available volumes from Jim, but it looks like from the site that it's just chapters 1-40 for the three volumes and only the part commented upon is included in each volume. I suppose I should just wait though.
No, that's correct. But the whole root tantra will be translated within 5 volumes. And the complete tantra by itself will be in the 7th volume.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Return to “Lounge”