Europe near the end?

Anything goes (almost).

Europe near the end?

Postby Nosta » Fri May 18, 2012 12:27 pm

This days things are getting worst on Europe. Greece is very near collapse from what i see and even worst, nobody cares!

When Greece jumps out from euro, Portugal will be the next following down and then it will be a matter of time until all of countries in Europe go down too.

And even worst, nobody seems to be worried about the great suffering that people from these countries have. Do you know what is to be without work, without a way to ensure that you will have food for you and your family?

It seems that media are trying to no speak that much about these matters. No surprise here, in Europe all the media are manipulated.
Nosta

Re: Europe near the end?

Postby gyougan » Fri May 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Yes, it's going to be an interesting summer!

The world economic collapse which started in 2008 will continue. It never really went away, governments just bought some time by piling up more debt. But they can't do that anymore and now it's time for Western nations to stop spending more than they earn. It's going to be ugly since most people are so used to overspending that adjusting back to normal levels will be very painful. Government handouts and services are going to disappear which spells trouble for the poor and elderly...

And of course this is not only Europe's problem.
gyougan

Postby Sönam » Fri May 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Nosta wrote:...
No surprise here, in Europe all the media are manipulated.

:twothumbsup: ... and somewhere else (in America for exemple) they are not?

As for Europa, the world is trapped into liberalism since many years now, the finance is leading the world to the point that now, in is some countries in Europa, financier directely lead countries ... this situation should end.
Liberal governement and financial institutions have brought Greece to the point it is to day. Media say Greek do not pay taxes ... it is wrong, employees paid it, because it is taken off directely on their salary. Those who do not pay are those who possess fortunes. It cannot continue that way.
Therefore conditions are gathered for a revolution, or at least a big change ... and that will happen in the months (year) coming. And it is a good thing.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Fri May 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Greece might yet prove to be the beginning of a beautiful spring
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .
treehuggingoctopus

Postby Nosta » Fri May 18, 2012 9:20 pm

I am thinking as you pineal, i think that this is not conspiracy theories. This is real life. In fact we have a little bunch of crap rulling the world to their own benefit.

We are like cattle.

Globalization is not a good thing (at least, this globalization). Just a lie.
Nosta

Postby Sönam » Fri May 18, 2012 9:28 pm

certainly it is ... so how do we get out of that?

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Postby Blue Garuda » Fri May 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Europe is not the Eurozone. The UK will be affected, though, as we permitted overseas banks to operate here on the high street.

As I see it, bacause we could all give the banks all of our money, with all the convenience of Direct Debits etc. we fell for it.

There was a time before BACS and IT when my wages came in brown envelope and I paid my bills with it.

I may just revert to that 'cash under the floorboards' method.

Now if all Santander customers think the same way ............................
Left
Blue Garuda

Postby Nosta » Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Thats right! Dharma is a strong medicine against any ill! The strongest medicine of all!

And these days, where some europeans (like portuguese, greek, spanish...) are feeling bad about all this, one needs to rely on dharma to not get depressed.
Nosta

Postby Nemo » Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 am

There is no crisis if we screw the banks. Make them eat the debt. Iceland did it and they are not doing too badly.
Nemo

Postby Doshin » Wed May 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Nemo wrote:There is no crisis if we screw the banks. Make them eat the debt. Iceland did it and they are not doing too badly.

Most banks (if not all), run on greed...
Doshin

Postby Astus » Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Europe near the end? Sounds like some bad newspaper headline. Does people have any idea of what Europe actually is outside this continent? Belarus, Macedonia, Norway, Moldavia, Albania, etc. are all in Europe but they are not members of the EU, and not all EU members use the Euro (17 of 27 member states use it). Also, a financial crisis, even if it goes to the worst possible level, would not mean the end of Europe. Many empires, kingdoms and nations have emerged and disappeared already, but the people are still here.
"There is no such thing as the real mind. Ridding yourself of delusion: that's the real mind."
(Sheng-yen: Getting the Buddha Mind, p 73)

"Neither cultivation nor seated meditation — this is the pure Chan of Tathagata."
(Mazu Daoyi, X1321p3b23; tr. Jinhua Jia)

“Don’t rashly seek the true Buddha;
True Buddha can’t be found.
Does marvelous nature and spirit
Need tempering or refinement?
Mind is this mind carefree;
This face, the face at birth."

(Nanyue Mingzan: Enjoying the Way, tr. Jeff Shore; T2076p461b24-26)
Astus
Former staff member

Postby Sönam » Wed May 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Nemo wrote:There is no crisis if we screw the banks. Make them eat the debt. Iceland did it and they are not doing too badly.

They say Iceland was a little country and it's not possible for Greece ... hope the left end organization is gonna make it. Europe, including Germany, have more to lose with Greeks out ... Greece is a turntable for Europa, on the crossroad from Balkan and Asia.

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Postby Nemo » Wed May 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Nationalizing a bank is not hard. I don't see why people are protecting this global system of exploitation. I'd rather have a few years of trouble and then my kids have a future than continue down this destructive road to serfdom and environmental collapse.
Nemo

Postby Nosta » Wed May 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Astus wrote:Europe near the end? Sounds like some bad newspaper headline. Does people have any idea of what Europe actually is outside this continent? Belarus, Macedonia, Norway, Moldavia, Albania, etc. are all in Europe but they are not members of the EU, and not all EU members use the Euro (17 of 27 member states use it). Also, a financial crisis, even if it goes to the worst possible level, would not mean the end of Europe. Many empires, kingdoms and nations have emerged and disappeared already, but the people are still here.

You are right; i should said "Eurozone near the end?" or even better "The stupid small countries of Eurozone, near the end?"

The smal stupid countries are Portugal, Greece, etc. And they are stupid only to the eyes of the Big Lords: Merkel, Durão Barroso, Sarkozy (now out), UK government, European Central Bank, etc. They use the sheeps (people from these "stupid" countries) to make them even more rich. Sarkozy for instance, needs my money to spend thousands of euros on food and ***** restaurants.
European Union is not about Union but survival of the fitest. EU is about big countries or big companies using small countries.
Nosta

Postby treehuggingoctopus » Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Nemo wrote:Nationalizing a bank is not hard. I don't see why people are protecting this global system of exploitation. I'd rather have a few years of trouble and then my kids have a future than continue down this destructive road to serfdom and environmental collapse.

+1
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .
treehuggingoctopus

Postby Indrajala » Thu May 24, 2012 1:09 am

1% doesn't monopolize everything. We in first world countries enjoy the benefits of economic empire though seldom realize it. We are the global aristocracy.

Consider that two men, one in India and one in Canada, doing the same job with the same set of skills get paid radically different wages. The Indian might get $4 for the day while the Canadian $200.

The whole currency system is crooked and is set up in our favour. The working classes in Europe or North American already enjoy considerably more resources than most of their counterparts in the third world. America for example consumes over 35% of the world's resources despite possessing only a fraction of the world's population.

It isn't the 1% that is responsible. The elites of any society are a product of their environment.
Indrajala

Return to Lounge