The ad hom thread

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Grigoris
Former staff member

The ad hom thread

Post by Grigoris »

Since it is human nature to want ot engage in ad homs instead of rational and polite argument I have started this thread for people to vent their pent up need to engage in baseless unintelligent attacks.

Each poster will ad hom the poster above them.

I suggest that for decorums sake we abstain from grand expletives, though imaginative metaphors and scientific terminology should be allowed AND that we do not engage in ad hom against the immediately successive poster ie the poster that will ad hom you (this will hopefully allow us to avoid personalisation and/or a tit-for-tat exclusive dialogue of abuse to develop).

Thus I offer myself up as the sacrifical (scape)goat for this orgy of useless and baseless nastiness to begin!
scapegoat.jpg
scapegoat.jpg (7.78 KiB) Viewed 3803 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Josef

Re: The ad hom thread

Post by Josef »

You're a doodoo head!

That's really the best I've got today.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
plwk

Post by plwk »

For a moment I was thinking of Image 's ad :lol:
Last edited by plwk on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

I think maybe ad hom is needed. Getting bruised a little feels good doesn't it? It wakes you up.
mindyourmind

Post by mindyourmind »

deepbluehum wrote:I think maybe ad hom is needed. Getting bruised a little feels good doesn't it? It wakes you up.
If that was true you would be awake all the time.
Dualism is the real root of our suffering and all of our conflicts.

Namkhai Norbu
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

No, really, it can be good. Often the person is the problem.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

What? You consider yourself a person, and here's me thinking you were a goats rear end!

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
mindyourmind

Post by mindyourmind »

Yes, he missed the whole point of my insult. To be expected.

But that's the way things work with threads that you start - you simply do not have the intelligence to explain yourself properly.
Dualism is the real root of our suffering and all of our conflicts.

Namkhai Norbu
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

You know I can't think of an activity that is relevant to something. Then it all seems rather pointless. I get to the point where I just sit and no thought seems relevant to something. So I don't look. I don't look at anything or search for something, because it's not real, not really there at all. Staring into space, the bindus arise. The wind begins to roar through the eucalyptus on the hillside as I write. I hear things knocking the fences. It's okay. I already said what I had to say. Let's calm down then. The winds calm down, the eukalyptus are purring.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Hey dbh you have to ad hom the other posters, not yourself! :tongue:
But that's the way things work with threads that you start - you simply do not have the intelligence to explain yourself properly.
:woohoo:
Last edited by Grigoris on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Can we ad Hom ourselves, or is that against the rules, nay, the very SPIRIT of the thing?

Or am I just a friggin' idiot who's unclear on the whole concept? :shrug: :smile:
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

ad homming oneself is kindda like masturbation, okay, it gets the job done but it's more fun when somebody else does it to you!

Otherwise it can also be taken for intelligent introspection or something completely useful and productive like that! I want none of that around here thank you! So stop being a woose and get out there and insult somebody. Sheeeeesh, what a loser!

hey dbh: how many dzogchenpas does it take to change a lightbulb? Why change it? It's perfect as it is! :crazy:
Last edited by Grigoris on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Seeing how I'm on a roll I'm gonna stick one to the Milarepa obsessed Kagyupas out there: How many tummo practitioners does it take to change a lightbulb? Don't hold your breath waiting to hear the answer!

padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

phpBB [video]
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

If the light bulb goes out, I can do dark retreat. Any circumstance is a practice. Farting lout practice is really high level, if you combine it with guru yoga, Song of Vajra. Wonderful. Easy. Dzogchen is really great. There's no meditative routine, but visions arise. The signs and nyams appear by themselves. Amazing. No discipline, no work. Wonderful. If anyone asks, you tell them, I'm practicing dharma, mastering dharma. They will have to leave you alone and will want to help you. Fantastic. Guru, Deva, Dakini, really the only help I need.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

I think you are all really nice people who are trying hard to be good and propagate he best wisdom you can manage. No doubt your diligent efforts will be rewarded with admiration, joy, enlightenment and cake.

I really wish everyone was as sincere as you people because then the world would be such a happy place filled with happy people doing happy things and having fun too. I think everyone should run off to the SPCA right now and reward themselves by buying a kitten. You are all doing very well, and i'm sure the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas are celebrating your practice of kindness, right this minute.

Hugs and Kisses

-GlaDos
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

:toilet:
Last edited by Rakz on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Ryoto wrote:You smell like expired cat food. :twisted:
And you smell like a lotus in the gleaming dawn of a new day, whose fragance wafts across the lake bringing joy to all in its path.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

gregkavarnos wrote:What? You consider yourself a person, and here's me thinking you were a goats rear end!
best one so far
Rakz

Post by Rakz »

catmoon wrote:
Ryoto wrote:You smell like expired cat food. :twisted:
And you smell like a lotus in the gleaming dawn of a new day, whose fragance wafts across the lake bringing joy to all in its path.
catmoon, you're in the wrong thread sweety.

Return to “Lounge”