Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
User avatar
Sherab Dorje
Former staff member
Posts: 11464
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:01 pm

There it is ladies and gentlemen our very first dharmawheel +/+.

So how does it feel being the first right wing dictator of the group el presidente? :tongue:

el-presidente.jpg
el-presidente.jpg (8.62 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Last edited by Sherab Dorje on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

User avatar
Lhug-Pa
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Lhug-Pa » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Will wrote:Economic Left/Right: 2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

Good grief, who wrote those questions, [snip] What a "fair & balanced" pinko survey. :zzz:


Haha

Yeah it is kinda a pinko survey i'n it.

Think I leaned toward left-libertarian mostly because of anti-corporatist/pro-peace views.
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nicholas Weeks
Posts: 2289
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Nicholas Weeks » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:03 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:there it is ladies and gentlemen our very first dharmawheel +/+.


And probably the only one - you silly people. :crying:

Nicholas Weeks
Posts: 2289
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Nicholas Weeks » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:05 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:There it is ladies and gentlemen our very first dharmawheel +/+.

So how does it feel being the first right wing dictator of the group el presidente? :tongue:

el-presidente.jpg


Muy bien, my favored lackey.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 18390
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Malcolm » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Will wrote:
gregkavarnos wrote:there it is ladies and gentlemen our very first dharmawheel +/+.


And probably the only one - you silly people. :crying:


We need a token conservative around here.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Sönam
Posts: 1999
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Sönam » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Economic Left/Right: -9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33

quite at the left/down if the schema ... a bit more left and down than Nelson Mandala and Dalai Lama
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

Acchantika
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Acchantika » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05

Fight the power, man.

"If you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart.
If you're not conservative when you're old, you have no brain
." ~ Anonymous
...

deepbluehum
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:05 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby deepbluehum » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Honestly if the questions were asked differently I would have come out pretty conservatively. Many of the answer I gave would have made me the enemy of all liberals.

What happened to the Buddha's teaching about having no view? I'm going back to that now.

User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
Posts: 2447
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby David N. Snyder » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Economic Left/Right: 2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Slightly right of center (economically), leaning libertarian.

I think the dead center bulls-eye is probably the best (for economics). My views go slightly right of center due to owning a business.

The extremes have been tried and failed and they look an awful lot alike (both right & left), tending towards conspiracy theories, blaming certain groups, and ruling with an iron-fist with few liberties.

User avatar
Thug4lyfe
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Thug4lyfe » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:41 pm

David N. Snyder wrote:owning a business.

woooo, still hanging with the fat cats and exploitin dem workers!!!! :evil:

ha ha, anyway, seems likes almost everyone, even the "conservative ones" are still safely over the margin and playing with the left crowd :p
Image

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 18390
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Malcolm » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Acchantika wrote:Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05

Fight the power, man.

"If you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart.
If you're not conservative when you're old, you have no brain
." ~ Anonymous



Winston Churchill.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

Acchantika
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Acchantika » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Acchantika wrote:Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05

Fight the power, man.

"If you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart.
If you're not conservative when you're old, you have no brain
." ~ Anonymous



Winston Churchill.



    "The phrase originated with Francois Guisot (1787-1874): "Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head." It was revived by French Premier Georges Clemenceau (1841-1929): "Not to be a socialist at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head."

    ~ http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations

Sorry old chap.
...

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 18390
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Malcolm » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Acchantika wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Acchantika wrote:Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05

Fight the power, man.

"If you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart.
If you're not conservative when you're old, you have no brain
." ~ Anonymous



Winston Churchill.



    "The phrase originated with Francois Guisot (1787-1874): "Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head." It was revived by French Premier Georges Clemenceau (1841-1929): "Not to be a socialist at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head."

    ~ http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations

Sorry old chap.



Hey, blame my dad -- he was the one that communicated it to me.

Incidentally, this does not mean that Churchill did not repeat it himself.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

Heruka
Posts: 1069
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:34 am
Contact:

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Heruka » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 pm

churchill also said,

lady i may be drunk now, in the morning i will be sober, but you will still be ugly.

User avatar
Paul
Posts: 1726
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Paul » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.51
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

Acchantika
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:04 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Acchantika » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 pm

Namdrol wrote:Hey, blame my dad -- he was the one that communicated it to me.

Incidentally, this does not mean that Churchill did not repeat it himself.


    "Tru dat." ~ Abraham Lincoln
...

mañjughoṣamaṇi
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby mañjughoṣamaṇi » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Acchantika wrote:
Namdrol wrote:Hey, blame my dad -- he was the one that communicated it to me.

Incidentally, this does not mean that Churchill did not repeat it himself.


    "Tru dat." ~ Abraham Lincoln


phpBB [video]
སེམས་རྣམ་པར་གྲོལ་བར་བྱའི་ཕྱིར་བྱམས་པ་བསྒོམ་པར་བྱའོ།
“In order to completely liberate the mind, cultivate loving kindness.” -- Maitribhāvana Sūtra

"The bottom always falls out of the quest for the elementary. The irreducibly individual recedes like the horizon, as our analysis advances." -- Genesis, Michel Serres

User avatar
David N. Snyder
Site Admin
Posts: 2447
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 am

Another Churchill quote/story, since it's sort of related to economics:

Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
Socialite: My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course...
Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?
Socialite: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!
Churchill: Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.

The other version I have heard is this:

Churchill: Madam, are you a prostitute?
Socialite: Heavens no!
Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?
Socialite: Heavens no!
Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
Socialite: Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course...
Churchill: Madam, then you are a prostitute; and you are just haggling about price.

Tenso
Posts: 1081
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:04 am

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby Tenso » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:25 am

Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Image
We are attracted by wealth, pleasures, good looks, political advancement and various other welcoming and enticing prospects: we are repelled by exertion, death, pain, disgrace and limited means. It follows that we need to train ourselves not to crave for the former and not to be afraid of the latter. Let us fight the battle the other way round—retreat from the things that attract us and rouse ourselves to meet the things that actually attack us.
Seneca

User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
Posts: 5139
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Commie scums and capitalist pigs!!!

Postby kirtu » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:34 am

Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche


Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Phuntsog Tashi and 20 guests