Q: Circle on Left of Topics

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
edearl

Q: Circle on Left of Topics

Postby edearl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Circles on the left of topics, the ones with lines in them are either red or blue, sometimes scroll, and sometimes show a star.What does it all mean?
HHDL: "My confidence in venturing into science lies in my basic belief that as in science so in Buddhism, understanding the nature of reality is pursued by means of critical investigation: if scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims."

Paul

Re: Q: Circle on Left of Topics

Postby Paul » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Blue = you've read it
red = new posts
star = you've posted there
scrolling = more than two pages
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

edearl

Re: Q: Circle on Left of Topics

Postby edearl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Paul wrote:Blue = you've read it
red = new posts
star = you've posted there
scrolling = more than two pages

:thanks:
HHDL: "My confidence in venturing into science lies in my basic belief that as in science so in Buddhism, understanding the nature of reality is pursued by means of critical investigation: if scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims."

Return to “Lounge”