what is your moon sign?

Anything goes (almost).

what is your moon sign?

Postby Nighthawk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:32 am

here's mine. can't say i believe in this kind of stuff but it seems pretty accurate :shock:

Energetic, impulsive, sporty, straightforward, quick to act. Likes simplicity and honesty, cannot bear boredom.

The Moon in Aries makes an individual energetic, impetuous and impulsive. Even if at times he or she might seem calm and cool outside, inside they are full of fidgety urges. Quite unexpectedly for those around them, and sometimes even for themselves, these people can suddenly get involved in an adventure, make a decisive step, or go to the other side of the globe under the influence of a bright new idea.

It is simply essential for the Moon in Aries to somehow release the energy of this hot-headed sign, and so it is quite common for an individual with this Moon to go into sports (REAL sports, not chess!).

Moon in Aries people see life as a permanent battle or competition. Even if everything goes smoothly, without effort, their Moon in Aries will find something to struggle for.

Since the Moon rules unconscious reactions, people with the Moon in Aries react very quickly and automatically. Later, when they become more conscious of their actions, they may regret what they've done, but, alas, patience and prudence are not their strong points.

If their life is too stable and dull, Moon in Aries individuals might protest against this, and this can show as health problems - possibly inflammatory disorders of digestion or an allergy. The Moon is also associated with skin, and the skin may become reddish, with pimples or a rash. Moon in Aries can also be prone to headaches, sleeplessness (especially when overworked or overexcited) and eye problems.

To get rid of stress, Moon in Aries needs to somehow spend excess energy - to have a run, to punch someone (if not physically then emotionally), or break something.

It is not easy for Moon in Aries to be a parent. It just cannot be unobtrusive and steady. Its pedagogical style is more like a cavalry charge, and a slap on the wrist can be its main argument.

Moon in Aries people often think of their mother as an active and energetic person, and the main thing which she taught them in life is not to be idle and that they should pursue their goals.

Housekeeping may serve as a safety-valve for these people, especially for women. They have plenty of energy for cleaning, repairing, cooking, but this happens in bursts, and if something isn't completed until the end of such a burst, it will be abandoned until the next time. Normally, the Moon in Aries can be a good cook (if it doesn't burn something in a haste), but everyday cooking is seen as humdrum and boring.

http://www.lunarium.co.uk/moonsign/calculator.jsp
Nighthawk

Re: what is your moon sign?

Postby maybay » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:28 am

Mine's Aquarius, Purva Bhadrapada. The Indians divided the 12 sign zodiac into 27 nakshatras. When you have the degree in the nakshatra you can look at the influence of stages in your life. It can be a lot more helpful than just seeing potentials.
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
maybay

Postby plwk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:44 am

Mine says... If I don't start getting my butt on the cushion, many more moons of waxing and waning are to be expected...
plwk

Postby maybay » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:57 pm

plwk wrote:Mine says... If I don't start getting my butt on the cushion, many more moons of waxing and waning are to be expected...

Yogis in the cave, kusalas making rope, ghosts on the fence.
- Machig Labdron
maybay

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:55 pm

MOON IN CAPRICORN

Keynote: Feelings are disciplined and restrained.

Symbol: An elegantly attired older woman studies her family genealogy.

At best, the Moon in Capricorn translates responsiveness into a sense of responsibility. At worst, it is coldly indifferent to human sentiments. Since the Moon is in detriment in Saturn’s sign, this placement may diminish the capacity for feeling and response.

Unswervingly ambitious, these people are often wedded to their work [uh no]. Since they have a tendency to rely on authority [uh gimme a break] and to cling to precedent as a guide, the early years are especially important in structuring the pattern of their personalities.

Frequently, they encounter troubles in childhood owing to the inadequacy of one or both parents, although their problems generally relate to the mother.

Whatever the source of their malaise, lunar Capricornians are often haunted by the feeling that their lives are predestined to be austere and difficult [yeah ok]. This sense of being a pawn of fate can lend them a sense of solitary remoteness [holy cr*p it's all true!].

Outwardly, they may be poised and charming but inwardly they are beset by fears, melancholy moods, and shyness [hm yep].

The Moon is so sensitive and Capricorn so weighty that the unconcious mind can be indelibly imprinted with whatever complex – usually involving power or work – Saturn determines to stamp upon it.

A rigorous adherence to duty may stem from a sense of being ‘chosen’ which is so compelling that there seems to be no choice except to take the hard way out and tackle an awesome job head on [meh too lazy].

Thus, though this is considered a difficult placement, it can lead to remarkable accomplishment [yars i am going to become enlightened iin one lifetime].

Less competent people with the Moon in Capricorn can easily become frustrated, depressed, or resentful of the burdens thrust upon their shoulders. Sometimes their trouble stems from a hidden pride [i have no idea what you're talking about] which can impart a strong desire to gain status and be noticed by others [shutupshutupshutup]. When this drive is thwarted, it can be distorted into cringing servility, a martyr complex, or even political fanaticism [ahem - ok that might fit the bill].

Lunar Capricorns should examine their deeper motives in order to make sure they know why they want what they want. They need to guard against acting out of blind compulsion or in compensation for emotional lacks [meh just pass the chocolate].

They have the ability to materialize their plans and ideas. Therefore they must use the utmost care to use their powers for worthwhile purposes.

http://www.mindfire.ca/The%20Planets%20Through%20the%20Signs/Moon%20Through%20the%20Signs/Moon%20in%20Capricorn.htm

hmm ...

my powers

yars

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby maybay » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:54 pm

so how do we up the ante on this one?
- Machig Labdron