Debunking Homeopathy

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
SpinyNorman

Re: Debunking Homeopathy

Post by SpinyNorman »

AdmiralJim wrote:I don't have a bee in my bonnet about it, I have a bee in my bonnet about the british national health system funding it, if people want to buy placebo water then go right ahead, i personally would advice sugar pills as they are a bit cheaper
Yes, or just drink tap water, it's the same thing. I suspect the benefit from homeopathy is that the patient is given some quality time and a holistic assessment, which sadly is unlikely to be the case when you visit a GP.

CP
AdmiralJim

Re: Debunking Homeopathy

Post by AdmiralJim »

Yes, or just drink tap water, it's the same thing. I suspect the benefit from homeopathy is that the patient is given some quality time and a holistic assessment, which sadly is unlikely to be the case when you visit a GP.

CP
I agree with you, I don't think it is the GPs fault, I am only allowed ten minutes per patient, 5 minutes for history and 5 minutes for examination - if doing a thorough chest and heart examination this should take ten minutes on its own. Nurse practioners apparantly get higher patient outcomes but so would I if I was allowed half an hour per patient
I don't know where we are going but it will be nice when we get there

Return to “Lounge”