Debunking Homeopathy

Anything goes (almost).

Re: Debunking Homeopathy

Postby Spiny Norman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:26 pm

AdmiralJim wrote:I don't have a bee in my bonnet about it, I have a bee in my bonnet about the british national health system funding it, if people want to buy placebo water then go right ahead, i personally would advice sugar pills as they are a bit cheaper

Yes, or just drink tap water, it's the same thing. I suspect the benefit from homeopathy is that the patient is given some quality time and a holistic assessment, which sadly is unlikely to be the case when you visit a GP.

CP
Spiny Norman

Re: Debunking Homeopathy

Postby AdmiralJim » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Yes, or just drink tap water, it's the same thing. I suspect the benefit from homeopathy is that the patient is given some quality time and a holistic assessment, which sadly is unlikely to be the case when you visit a GP.

CP

I agree with you, I don't think it is the GPs fault, I am only allowed ten minutes per patient, 5 minutes for history and 5 minutes for examination - if doing a thorough chest and heart examination this should take ten minutes on its own. Nurse practioners apparantly get higher patient outcomes but so would I if I was allowed half an hour per patient
I don't know where we are going but it will be nice when we get there
AdmiralJim

Previous

Return to Lounge