Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Anything goes (almost).

Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby Indrajala » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Setting aside the fact that immeasurable numbers of cows are killed to produce leather, there is also a human cost.

This is really sick. Bangladesh lets their workers treat leather with a well known carcinogenic chemical. They produce the leather for the big name brands of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcIGcuWwYg



The injustice being committed against humanity, animals and the environment is simply unspeakable.
User avatar
Indrajala
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Taiwan

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Samsara.


Huseng wrote:Setting aside the fact that immeasurable numbers of cows are killed to produce leather, there is also a human cost.

This is really sick. Bangladesh lets their workers treat leather with a well known carcinogenic chemical. They produce the leather for the big name brands of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcIGcuWwYg



The injustice being committed against humanity, animals and the environment is simply unspeakable.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby Indrajala » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Samsara is getting worse and worse. We're on a downward spiral.

I'm working on bailing out of samsara. The flaming wreck doesn't have many positive prospects to it.


Namdrol wrote:Samsara.


Huseng wrote:Setting aside the fact that immeasurable numbers of cows are killed to produce leather, there is also a human cost.

This is really sick. Bangladesh lets their workers treat leather with a well known carcinogenic chemical. They produce the leather for the big name brands of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcIGcuWwYg



The injustice being committed against humanity, animals and the environment is simply unspeakable.
User avatar
Indrajala
 
Posts: 5986
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Taiwan

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Huseng wrote:Samsara is getting worse and worse. We're on a downward spiral.

I'm working on bailing out of samsara. The flaming wreck doesn't have many positive prospects to it.



Samsara never gets worse, we just get more sensitive.

N
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby mudra » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:24 am

cycles - the age of degeneracy..
User avatar
mudra
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:55 am

Re: Human cost of cheap leather shoes.

Postby KwanSeum » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 am

Huseng wrote:The injustice being committed against humanity, animals and the environment is simply unspeakable.


As you say, "unspeakable" - words escape me!
User avatar
KwanSeum
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: Leicester, UK


Return to Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Inge, Johnny Dangerous, Sherab Dorje and 9 guests

>